Renewal is a comprehensive system-wide revamp of Ragnarok Online. Stats, Skills, EXP, Level limits, monster placement and other mechanics are all modified. Third Class jobs are also added, allowing players to break the Base Level limit of 99 in effect since the game's inception. Renewal is currently playable on several servers:
- jRO - Implemented on in July 6, 2010. After poor reception by jRO players, the update was withdrawn and has since been reimplemented with jRO-specific changes.
- Unimplemented: Experience Points / New Monster Spawns / 3rd class job change quest / Eden group(in jRO,"Adventurer's Academy") / Over Enchant System and etc.
- pRO - In early September 2010, renewal was added to Sakray, but was under closed testing until two weeks later. On October 13, 2010, renewal was officially opened on the commercial servers: Valkyrie, Valhalla, and New Chaos.
- iRO - In early September 2010, iRO opened a new server Yggdrasil to test the renewal content. Yggdrasil opened as a premium server on October 7. Renewal was implemented on Ymir on October 14, and Valkyrie on October 21.
- idRO - idRO website has announced episode 13.3 : Renewal and El Dicastes. Renewal will be implemented on all idRO servers on December 15, 2010 including El Dicastes.
- aRO - On September 21, 2011, aRO updated to renewal from episode 9.
- bRO - On February 18, 2011, bRO announced the opening of the servers in the renewal system, after a delay of two days, reporting difficulties in implementing, announced in a statement on February 16.
- ruRO - On September 1, 2011, ruRO started closed testing. On October 5, 2011 was opened renewal new server Phoenix. Server Chaos has no been updated.
- fRO - On June 27, 2012, fRO implemented the Renewal Update on the main server.