- 1 Overview
- 2 Contract With Mercenary
- 3 Mercenary Controls
- 4 Mercenary Details
- 5 See Also
About Mercenary System
Mercenaries are here to assist players during their journey in the world of Ragnarok. Similar to Homunculus, but instead of creature that grows alongside player, Mercenaries have fixed stats based on their level. Mercenary manager, Luke Narfez in Limit Group Headquarter (@go hq) will let you hire both Human and Monster mercenaries at some cost, some will cost you zeny, some will cost you Faith/Loyalty point and some requires both. You will receive Mercenary Scroll that you can use to summon the specific Mercenary upon hiring. Do note that Human Mercenaries in Limit RO are customized to balance with Renewal mechanism, their stats are updated from level 10 to 175.
- Appearance - Even though you cannot change their appearance, they are quiet attractive for the eyes.
- Upkeep - Unlike Homunculus and Pet, Mercenaries don't need food to stay alive however, they will leave once their contract ends.
- EXP - Since Mercenaries don't level up, all the experience gained from battles goes to you!
- Player vs Player - You can bring Mercenaries to PVP and WOE maps, although Mercenaries can't damage the Emperium
- Separation - If a Mercenary moves more than 15 cells away it will be teleported to the your position.
Contract With Mercenary
The cost to hire Mercenary increases based on the Grade, the higher the Grade, the higher the cost that's for sure. The grade of Mercenaries that can be hired is not limited to your character's base level.
|Grade||Level||Zeny Cost||Loyal Cost|
|Monster||Zeny Cost||Loyal Cost|
|2300||Recovers 1000 HP|
|4000||Recovers 100 SP|
|800||Slightly increases ASPD|
|3000||Highly increases ASPD|
Loyalty or faith is an important element in Mercenary system, you need this to hire higher grade Mercenaries. Number of Loyalty Points is specific to each guild of Mercenaries, so for example if a player gains a large number of points with the Bowman Mercenaries, the amount will have no effect on their standing with the Fencer and Spearman Mercenaries.
Here are the ways Mercenary loyalty can be modified:
- Fighting together - For every kills you or your Mercenary do, you get 1 Loyalty point.
- Contract completion - For every contract completed (30 minutes), you get 25 Loyalty points.
- Mercenary's death - For every Mercenary death, you lose 5 Loyalty points.
- Monster Mercenaries do not give Loyalty points.
There are 4 ways Mercenary contracts can be ended, intentionally or not:
- Your death - When your character dies, the active Mercenary will run away.
- Mercenary's death - When a Mercenary dies, he or she isn't coming back.
- End of contract - A contract with a Mercenary ends naturally after 30 minutes.
- Contract termination - When you dismiss a Mercenary, the contract will be terminated.
- Information - Ctrl + R
- Opens the Mercenary Status Window.
- Enemy Targeting - Alt + Left Click (on monster)
- Left clicking once will cause the Mercenary to queue up the monster
- Left click again and the Mercenary will immediately switch targets.
- Moving - Alt + Left Click (on ground)
- Alt and Left Clicking on the ground will cause the Mercenary to stop everything and move to the target cell.
- Standby - Ctrl + T
- In standby the Mercenary will stop everything and wait for orders at the contractor's side.
Just like Homunculus Mercenaries also equipped with AI, while Homunculus use /hoai as command to activate their AI, Mercenaries use /merai instead.
The base stat of Mercenaries are fixed based on the Grade of the summoned Mercenary. However, based on one's Loyalty Points with that Mercenary's guild and the kill count, additional bonuses can be received while ASPD of any Mercenaries will always be fixed at 156.
Mercenary skills are based on the level of the Mercenary summoned, and one's Loyalty Points with the Mercenary Guild. Skills act as if they have been used by a Party member; for example, the Sacrifice skill will not function if the Mercenary's own level is not within 10 levels of the contractor. All supportive magic should function, with the following exceptions:
|Increase AGI||Player||Only increases Flee Rate|
|Blessing||Only increase Hit Rate and cure Curse|
|Heal||Heals only 50% normal amount|
|Endow Blaze||Only affect your own Mercenary|
|Cure||Cure has no effect on Mercenary|
|Freezing Trap||Merc|| Max 10 Traps
Traps can be placed directly beneath targets.
|Provoke|| Can be cast on players as well as enemies.
Can break Stone and Frozen statuses.
Mercenary Exclusive Skills
|Benediction||Supportive||Cures Blind and Curse|
|Crash||Offensive||Strikes a foe with a 3-hit blow that deals ATK ×330~450% damage, has 6~30% chance to stun|
|Mental Cure||Supportive||Cures Hallucination and Chaos|
|Recuperate||Supportive||Cures Poison and Silence|
|Regain||Supportive||Cures Sleep and Stun|
|Scapegoat||Supportive||Sacrifice Mercenary and give HP to your character, Mercenary dies when you use this skill|
|Tender||Supportive||Cures Stone and Frozen|
|Weapon Quicken||Supportive||Increase Mercenary ASPD for 30~300 sec|
|Mind Blaster||Offensive||Deal damage to enemy from 2 cells away|
|Bowman Mercenary||Grade||Name||Level||HP||SP||Skill 1||Skill 2||Skill 3||Skill 4|
|1||Mina||10||1280||100||Double Strafe Lv 2||Berserk Lv 1||None||None|
|2||Dororu||30||2285||350||Arrow Shower Lv 2||Sight Lv 1|
|3||Nami||50||3660||465||Arrow Repel Lv 1||Weapon Quicken Lv1|
|4||Elfin||70||5460||580||Sense Lv 1||Magnific at Lv 1||Tender Lv 1|
|5||Clara||90||11060||1400||Double Strafe Lv 5||Provoke Lv 1||Remove Trap Lv 1|
|6||Dali||110||15490||1765||Double Strafe Lv 7||Skid Trap Lv 3||Decrease AGI Lv 1|
|7||Karaya||130||20255||2075||Arrow Shower Lv 10||Freezing Trap Lv 2||Mental Cure Lv 1|
|8||Hiyori||150||25195||2345||Weapon Quicken Lv2||Provoke Lv 3||Sandman Lv 3|
|9||Kero||170||27860||2495||Double Strafe Lv 10||Arrow Repel Lv 1||Land Mine Lv 5|
|10||Sukye||175||36905||3210||Arrow Repel Lv 1||Weapon Quicken Lv5||Berserk Lv 1||Focused Arrow Strike Lv 5|
|Fencer Mercenary||Grade||Name||Level||HP||SP||Skill 1||Skill 2||Skill 3||Skill 4|
|1||David||10||10355||500||Bash Lv 1||Decrease AGI Lv 1||None||None|
|2||Ellen||30||12615||655||Magnum Break Lv 3||Provoke Lv 5|
|3||Luise||50||16985||805||Weapon Quicken Lv 1||Benediction Lv 1|
|4||Frank||70||22900||955||Magnum Break Lv 5||Crash Lv 1|
|5||Ryan||90||29495||1105||Bash Lv 4||Crash Lv 4||Benediction Lv 1|
|6||Paolo||110||39370||1260||Weapon Quicken Lv 5||Decrease AGI Lv 3||Sense Lv 1|
|7||Jens||130||51300||1650||Bash Lv 10||Berserk Lv 1||Scapegoat Lv 1|
|8||Thierry||150||65835||1830||Weapon Quicken Lv 10||Bowling Bash Lv 5||Compress Lv 1||Parry Lv 4|
|9||Steven||170||73240||1990||Bowling Bash Lv 8||Crash Lv 3||Shield Reflect Lv 5||None|
|10||Wayned||175||90000||2650||Weapon Quicken Lv 10||Bowling Bash Lv 10||Bash Lv 10||Frenzy Lv 1|
|Spearman Mercenary||Grade||Name||Level||HP||SP||Skill 1||Skill 2||Skill 3||Skill 4|
|1||Rodin||10||2510||350||Pierce Lv 1||Regain Lv 1||None||None|
|2||Lancer||30||4895||495||Brandish Spear Lv 2||Lex Divina Lv 1|
|3||Nathan||50||7775||670||Pierce Lv 2||Devotion Lv 1||Recuperate Lv 1|
|4||Roan||70||11985||810||Defender Lv 1||Crash Lv 1||None|
|5||Orizaro||90||16935||975||Pierce Lv 5||Auto Guard Lv 3|
|6||Thyla||110||22475||1205||Brandish Spear Lv 5||Weapon Quicken Lv 2|
|7||Ben||130||29445||1395||Devotion Lv 1||Berserk Lv 1|
|8||Pinaka||150||37600||1625||Pierce Lv 10||Provoke Lv 5||Scapegoat Lv 1|
|9||Kuhlmann||170||45200||1740||Brandish Spear Lv 10||Auto Guard Lv 7||Defender Lv 3|
|10||Roux||175||61775||2255||Weapon Quicken Lv 5||Auto Guard Lv 10||Devotion Lv 3||Spiral Pierce Lv 5|
|Monster Mercenary||Level||HP||SP||Skill 1||Skill 2||Skill 3||Obtainable From|
|Doppelganger||72||7800||200||Bash Lv 5||Weapon Quicken Lv 5||Devotion Lv 3||Luke Narfez|
|Egnigem Cenia||78||?||?||?||?||?||Limit Academy|
|Purple Dragon||160||215000||1||None||None||None||Devil Tower|
|Loki||145||1215600||1||Mind Blaster Lv 1||None||None||Temple of Demon God|