An Instance is a type of dungeon in which a specific copy ("instance") is created for each individual party attempting to enter. As such, the server requires a small time period to create the instance, and it can only be used until a certain time limit before it is destroyed. Therefore, each party has the instance to themselves.
- They involve one-way (no going backwards) progressions in an NPC-narrated quests.
- They require players to be in a Party, and are "created" uniquely for each party. One party (its members) cannot enter the instance of another party.
- They have time limits in which the quest progression must be completed. If the quest is not completed, the instance will be destroyed, and players sent back to their Save Points.
- They (may) have cooldown periods, where a player must wait after the time period ends before creating/entering a new instance.
- They do not allow the skill Teleport (or Fly Wings), and send the player back to their Save Point upon logging out in them.
- They may restrict certain other skills depending on the instance.
- They are restricted to characters of certain Base Levels.
- Bakonawa Extermination - Defeat Bakonawa before he eats the moon.
- Bangungot's Instance - Save the hospital in Port Malaya from Bangungot
- Buwaya's Cave - Defeat Buwaya in his cave.
- Endless Tower - A 100-floor tower full of hundreds of different monsters, and nearly every MVP, culminating in two unique Boss fights
- Hazy Forest - Connecting Mora Village with the rest of the New World, players must traverse several islands and defeat the Lost Dragon.
- Horror Toy Factory - Uncover the hidden past of Lutie's Toy Factory.
- Infinity Space - Mysterious happenings beneath the Pharos Lighthouse, what could be lurking underneath?
- Malangdo Culvert - A quick and decidedly-not-easy instance with two difficulty levels, in which players first clean the culverts under Malangdo Island, and then fight a Ceolacanth boss, in return for Seagod's Anger and coin bag drops.
- Nidhoggur's Nest - Defeat the dragon Nidhoggur beneath the Great Yggdrasil Tree.
- Octopus Cave - A quick and easy instance where players kill 4 octopus legs, followed by the Disgusting Octopus itself.
- Old Glast Heim - Reliving the events behind Glast Heim's fall, players must defeat powerful versions of Glast Heim monsters and defeat 2 MVPs.
- Orc Memory Dungeon - A near-copy of the Orc Dungeon map where players must battle Enchanted Orcs, culminating in a fight against a special Orc Hero
- Sealed Shrine - A quest where players must defeat an especially powerful version of Baphomet; those who succeed may be able to create a special Baphomet Horns headgear, given a special drop
- Wolfchev's Laboratory - Discover the secret exploits of famed scientist Wolfchev.
- Nightmarish Jitterbug - Follow the adventure of Newoz and his friends
- Sara's Memory - Venture the past of Sara Irene by taking on Leon's request.
- Geffen Magic Tournament - Join the tournament and defeat everyone!
- Ghost Palace - See what's inside the haunted palace.
- Airship Assault - Defeat the Airship Captain and get the airship gears.
- Faceworm Nest - Go to the nest of Faceworm and defeat the Queen.
- Sarah And Fenrir - See what's going on with Sarah and Fenrir in Glast Heim
- Bios Island - Explore the floating island of Morroc.
- Mors Cave - Follow the trails Morroc left behind, where was he all this while?
- Temple of Demon God - Defeat the evil Morroc and his followers