|Job Base(s):|| Alchemist|
|Changes At:||Al De Baran|
|Number of Skills:||19|
|Total Skill Points:||59|
|Total Quest Skills:||0|
- 1 Overview
- 2 Job Change Guide
- 3 Builds
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Homunculus
- 6 Class Information
Geneticists are the third class versions of Alchemists and Biochemists. When reaching Base Level 99, they're eligible to become a Geneticist. Alchemists who become a Geneticist can no longer transcend and thus cannot gain any transcendent skills (including Acid Bomb) and it is always recommended to transcend and turn into a Biochemist before turning third class, as with any other class in the game.
Geneticists are a rather complex class that require a lot of hard work and dedication to master, but pays off greatly in the end with the ability to solo MVPs with ease and excel in performance at PvP. Geneticists are essentially the best MVP class in the game in terms of versatility and damage per second, but they're also the most expensive class to maintain. Everything about the Geneticist has improved from its former Biochemist self, including good Area skills and the ability to hit Ghost property monsters with Cart Cannon, much better plant summons, the ability to make even more powerful potions and bombs, and a new evolution of Homunculus that will grant powerful support abilities to its owner.
Mastersmiths already brought cart skills beyond the level of a Merchant class with Cart Boost and High Speed Cart Ram, but Geneticists go even further. Improving the Mastersmith's Cart Boost by giving it attack boost, even better Movement Speed boost and adding new skills that allow Geneticists to battle using their cart as a weapon. the Geneticist has become a powerful class capable of destroying any object in its way.
Job Change Guide
Changing your characters from Novice -> Merchant -> Alchemist -> High Novice -> High Merchant -> Creator -> Genetic can be done by talking to Admiral npc in most towns. Select the second option on the dialogue window.
Note: to successfully change job, your character must fully allocate all available skill points and/or cart or mounts as required by Admiral npc.
This build relies solely on Acid Bomb its main damage source and Fire Expansion "aoe" Acid bomb.
Int: 80~100, total int should be enough for instant cast, not more.
This build focuses on spamming its main damage skill, Cart Cannon which is based on INT and ATK.
Everyone has their own style of building. This is just one example of what it can be. Focusing on Acid Demonstration and Fire Expansions as main DPS.
Most equips need high refine, be warned.
|Top Headgear||Old Midas Whispers, Ship Captain Hat, Ancient Gold Decoration||STR/INT EOE LV3, Duneyrr, Dark Pinguicula, Maya Purple, Violent Coelancanth, Fenrir|
|Middle Headgear||Robo Eye, Black Devil Mask||None|
|Lower Headgear||Spiked Scarf, Foxtail, Golden Fish in Mouth|
|Armor||Heroic Light Mail, Diablos Armor, +7Excellion Suit(with ATK, ATK, STR or Unfrozen)||Tao Gunka, Gloom Under Night, Ktullanux, Porcellio, Peco Peco, Marc, Mistress of Shelter|
|Weapon||Naght Sword (Red or Blue), Crimson Mace, Thanatos Hammer, Robot's Mechanical Arm, Slotted Byeollungum, Glorious Morning Star||Randgris, Zipper Bear, White Knight, Archer Skeleton, Abysmal Knight|
|Shield||Immune Shield, Valkyrja's Shield, Mad Bunny||Golden Thief Bug, Alice, Khalitzburg Knight|
|Garment||+7/+9Fallen Angel Wings (with EA enchants), Exellion Wings (x3 ATK), Faceworm Skin with STR or INT||Deviling, Raydric, Menblatt, Infinite Chimera|
|Shoes||Applause Sandals, Dex Boots (with EA and Reckles Magic or Lucky day)||Amon Ra, Infinite Vagabond Wolf, Matyr, Verit, Green Ferus|
|Accessories||Pendant of Maelstrom, Heroic Ring with DEX/INT and ATK%, Bakonawa Tattoo||Phen, Gold Scaraba|
For PvP and WoE, its more advisable to go reduction equips like:
- +12 Cat Ear Beret with Maya Purple or Bungisngis
- Blush of Gloom
- Hankerchief in Mouth
- +9 Kardui's Robe or +9 Woe Suit with Marc, Angeling(for Kardui set bonus), Ghostring
- Triple Cranial enchanted Archangel Wings with Noxious, Raydric, Flamel
- +9 Armoured Sleeve Guard with Thara Frog
- +9 or more Glorious Morning Star
- +9 Dex Boots with Green Ferus, Matyr
- x2 Pendant of Mealstrom with Alligators or Errende
- Tucano Hat with Siorava
- Eye of Darkness
- Any enchantable armor with LUK or DEX with Baby Leopard
- Keris (with Dex or Luk) and Injustice
- Valkyrja's Shield with Zealotus Card
- Dex Boots
- Giant Faceworm Skin (with Dex or Int or Luk)
- Orleans Glove with Zerom Card
End Game edition
- +9> Ancient Gold Deco with Siorava
- Black Devil Mask
- Golden Fish in Mouth
- +10> Heroic Armor with Baby Leopard
- +10> Applause Sandals with Amon Ra
- +9> Top Headgear x3 Sun enchants and Siorava
- Aura and Wings with DEX or LUK
- Main article: Homunculus S
Here is a quick breakdown of the homunculus and their uses:
- Bayeri (Scope: PvM) - A tanky unicorn with attitude. Bayeri uses safety walls on his owner and provides Holy property area damage. However, its biggest weakness is that its area attack is interruptable, which makes it an unpopular choice of Homunculus S amongst most Geneticists.
- Dieter (Scope: PvM, PvP, WoE and MVP) - The most popular of the Homunculi S. Dieter provides his owner with a significant damage boost (which has the downside of possibly breaking weapons) as well as area damage against mobs. Dieter is very tanky, which combined with his awesome area ability, makes him possibly the best Homunculus S to AFK with.
- Eira (Scope: PvM, PvP and MVP) - Being one of the unfavorite Homunculi S that doesn't get enough attention, Eira should by no means be ignored. She has a special skill that provides her owner with ludicrous amounts of flee rate temporarily (sets Flee Rate to 500 when mastered), which can make a big difference in a dire situation. And speaking of defeat, Eira can be a great backup. With her resurrection spell, she'll bring her owner back from the dead so that embarrassing trip back to town can be avoided.
- Eleanor (Scope: PvM and PvP) - Probably one of the least loved Homunculi S, brings the damage but not much else. This fistcuff lover monk-like cat-lady will brutally beat the heck out of any target in sight, chaining together combo attacks that do decent damage. She has no area attacks, which makes her fairly useless in PvM except for picking off single targets. Mostly just played for aesthetics though.
- Sera (Scope: PvM, PvP, WoE and MVP) - The ultimate all purpose Homunculus S. This crazy bee-lady provides her owner with a massive damage reduction boost that buys her owner a window of opportunity to defeat an MvP (or another player) without being barraged with heavy damage. Very useful for solo PvM as well due to her area attack and paralyzing sting.
|Throuws a blood sucking plant that absorbs HP from a target to recover caster's HP. Requires a.||5||Offensive|
|Creates fruit bombs such asfor Item Sling skill.||2||Active|
Cart Boost (Geneticist)
|Increases Movement Speed by 100% and ATK by 50 at max level.||5||Supportive|
|Shoots target using Cannon Balls in a 7x7 area around the target.||5||Offensive|
|Increases Cart Weight by 2500 and Hit rate of Cart Skills by 20 at max level. It also increases damage of other Cart Skills, such as Cart Cannon.||5||Passive|
|Spins the Cart to deal damage to all enemies in a 5x5 area around the user.||5||Offensive|
|Changes ingredients used for Potion Creation skills into another ingredient at random.||1||Active|
|Summons a huge plant mass that deals Earth property damage to all targets nearby and removing any ground skills in the area.||10||Offensive|
|Throws a Burning status by chance.at the ground to create a sea of fire to continually deal Fire property damage to all enemies in a 5x5 area and causes||5||Offensive|
| Throws an item on an area with Demonic Fire active and causes various effects depending on the thrown item.
|At max level it reduces HIT -50 and causes Hallucination status in a 29x29 area.||5||Active|
|Summons a plant from hell onto the ground, which deals damage to whoever steps on it and causes Stun and Bleeding statuses by chance.||5||Offensive|
|Throws an item that is crafted by Bomb Creation, needs to equip it as it count as ammunition.||1||Active|
Howling of Mandragora
|15x15 around the user that, by chance, decreases INT by 4|20, drains SP by 30%|50% and increases their Fixed Cast Time by 0.5|2.5 seconds of all targets nearby.||5||Active|
|Mixes various ingredients to create incredibly delicious food.||2||Active|
|Creates a new variety of potions and drinks.||10||Active|
|Throws an explosive mushroom spore to a target which explodes after some time, dealing damage to all enemies in a 9x9 area around the target at max level. Requires a.||5||Offensive|
|Increases ATK by 50 and Hit rate by 15 with swords at max level.||5||Passive|
|Throws a thorny trap onto the ground, immovilising and dealing damage over time to whoever steps on it. Requires aand can be removed by getting hit with any Fire damage skill or autoattack.||5||Offensive|
|Makes wall of thorns around target location that deals damage in contact. Requires aand can be turned into fire wall by hitting it with any Fire damage skill or autoattack.||5||Offensive|
Genetic Alternative Outfit
By talking to the Dress Genie near the Event Genie, you can change your outfit to a new one. It consumes