Disclaimer: its up to you if you want to follow this guide as it is.
|Job Base(s):|| Priest|
|Changes At:||Prontera Sanctuary|
|Number of Skills:||19|
|Total Skill Points:||104|
|Total Quest Skills:||0|
- 1 Overview
- 2 Job Change Guide
- 3 Builds
- 4 Tactics and Role
- 5 Equipment
- 6 Class Information
Arch Bishops are the the 3rd job of the Priest classes. Their names are often abbreviated and referred to as "AB". They have in short AoE support skills, such as shields and heals. Another interesting thing they recieved, is the ability to use some offensive Holy spells to fight off the undead.
Job Change Guide
Changing your characters from Novice -> Acolyte -> Priest -> High Novice -> High Acolyte -> High Priest -> Arch Bishop can be done by talking to Admiral npc in most towns. Select the second option on the dialogue window.
Note: to successfully change job, your character must fully allocate all available skill points and/or take off cart or mount as required by Admiral npc.
Full Support: Even though this is a pretty standard build, its an overall build between damage and support.
Str:1~50 mainly for weight
Agi:40~60 for animation delay
Vit:100~120 HP and tankiness
Int:100~110 SP and cast
Dex:120 mainly for dex boots cast reduction
Full Damage: Not much difference between a support one.
Int:120 for Int boots switching
Dex:120 for Dex boots switching
Tactics and Role
Party Menu Healing / Buffing
The most effective way to heal and buff a party is through the Party Menu (accessible through Alt + Z). Trying to heal a party by manually clicking players can become impossible when players become mobbed or are bunched up, and can lead to players dying. This is why it is strongly recommended to make use of the party menu. Another benefit to the party menu is the ability to monitor all players' health. Ensure that the "Lock Menu" feature is on (by clicking the picture of the lock) when using this system to avoid opening private messages when trying to heal / buff a player.
SP Conservation / Recovery
One of the biggest issues new priests have when playing the class is maintaining their SP. There are many ways for priests to ensure that they always have SP for those dire situations. These are some important methods on maintaining SP:
- Always make sure that Magnificat is on at all times. This skill will not only keep a much higher regeneration rate of SP for the Priest, but also to the killers in the party that rely on SP for skill use as well.
- Make use of Assumptio or Kyrie Eleison skills. Keeps people protected and will drastically save SP on healing in the long run. These skills can help fragile AoE killer classes such as Rangers or caster classes a lot. Note that any character cannot have both buffs on at the same time. An Arch Bishop can also use Praefatio, which will give KE to all party members. If the Priest notices that certain party members are lagging behind, using KE on them will give them time and leeway to retreat back to where the party is.
- Stack SP Regeneration or Max SP increase equipment. Gearing a Priest up with equipment that will increase their SP regeneration or SP pool will vastly help a player to maintain SP at all times.
- Always have SP regeneration consumables on hand. All players should have SP consumables on hand at all times to regenerate SP, at least in emergencies, and this includes Priests as well. As most classes should have HP healing items of some sort on them at all times, Priests should also have SP rejuvenating items on them.
Some common items that can be easily obtained for SP regeneration include:
Primary Arch Bishop Skills
There are several skills that every Arch Bishop should have to be a successful support class for their party.
Clementia: AoE party Blessing, should be kept up at all times.
Cantocandidus: AoE party Increase Agility, should also be kept up at all times.
Sacrament: The most important buff that Arch Bishops have. It reduces fixed cast time by 50% and should be casted onto the Arch Bishop themselves at all times.
Coluseo Heal: AoE Heal with a boosted rate based on number of party members but SP costly.
Meditatio: This skill should be maxed. It increases Maximum SP and SP regeneration rate as well as the amount of HP that is restored using the Heal skill.
Heal: Cheaper to use than High Heal and good when a party member has taken only very little damage.
Magnificat: Most people in the party (PVM wise) rely on this heavily for SP regeneration.
Resurrection: Mandatory for PVM / MVP party situations, as deaths are inevitable. Always have this skill maxed for instant resurrection.
Lauda Ramus and Agnus: Basically AOE Status Recovery to everyone in the same party, but by chance.
Some Useful Tips
Some skills in the priests arsenal may not serve a strong use while still leveling as a Priest, but many may have uses in MVP situations or other specific scenarios. These should be hotkeyed as well, and often an Arch Bishop will have all four rows of hotkeys used up. Some of these include:
Pneuma: A pretty useful skill that blocks all incoming ranged damage to anyone inside it (3x3 area).
Aspersio/Expiatio: These skills will greatly improves a party member's physical damage when the monsters are weak to the Holy element, as they are.
Blessing: You can use this to remove Stone Cursed or Cursed targets.
Safety Wall: Block all melee range attacks including skills, giving you more time to stay alive (1 cell).
- - A great weapon for Adoramus users, part of the Judgement Mora set.
- - A more powerful version of the Mace of Judgement, part of the Judgement Mora set.
- - Good for healing and after cast delay reduction.
- - Basically a lower rated Glorious without the after cast delay reduction and lesser healing percent.
- - Same as above but for after cast delay reduction.
- - Cheapest option for a starting weapon.
- - An "upgraded" version of Healing Staff
- - A weapon for overall purposes, decent for damage and skill spamming.
- - 10% long range damage reduction.
- - Removes re-use delay for Lauda Agnus, Lauda Ramus & Clearance but increases their SP cost.
- - A decent option for support and damaging builds.
- - Mainly a weapon for Battle AB.
- +4 INT, +12 Matk and -4 STR. - 20% MATK - INT + 1, MATK + 3. Racial magic damage increasing cards.
Basically Robe of Judgement Set is included in the armor section, but here are some more suggestion of what can you wear to have various playstyles.
- - Enchantable and makes your cast uninterruptable.
- - Enhanced Orleans' Gown.
- - Enchantable, good after cast delay reduction, heal boost and SP.
- - Demon and Shadow resistance.
- - Range reduction and some HP at +9.
- - Demi Reduction, if combined with Angeling it gives unfrozen effect.
- - Judex and Ado damage boost, plus HP/SP%.
- - +1 All stat, unbreakable.
- - +5% heal effectiveness and reduced fixed cast time by 3%.
- - +5% HP, +7% Neutral resistance and unbreakable.
- This, good HP and delay reduction. (*1) - Enchantable through
(*1)DEF or MATK enchants.
- Cast Stone Curse when inflicted with physical damage. - Makes your armor Holy property, similar to Holy Scrolls. - Makes your armor Ghost property. - Makes you immune to freeze. - Freezes enemies that hit you.
- 50% more magic damage on Shadow and Undead mobs and Demon and Undead race. - Flat 100 MATK.
- - +1 All stats, 20% Judex damage every 2 refines, +2% Heal effectiveness every refine.
- - Demi reduction and phyical damage per refine if +5 or more.
- - MDEF +5, Demi reduction and magical damage per refine if +5 or more.
- - ATK +2%, MATK +2%, +5% Heal effectiveness and +stats; additional ATK and MATK when refined to +7.
- - DEF +3, MDEF +3, MaxSP +3%, MATK +3%, -3% skill after-cast delay
- - +2 all stats, 8% Matk and 7% heal effectiveness.
- - Cast cannot be interrupted but increases 35% variable cast.
- - Reduces Boss monsters damage by 10%.
- - MATK boost and combo with Thorn Staff.
- - +12% Demi reduction.
- - An upgrade version of Dress Hat.
- - +10% Heal effectiveness.
- - +3% Demi reduction.
- - +2 All stats.
- - +1 Dex and 1% ATK and MATK.
- +1 Int +2 MDEF.
- - Total of 5% Demi reduction if base Vit is 108.
- - MATK +1%.
- - +2 All stats, +10 ATK and MATK.
- - MATK +1%.
- - +30MATK, -2% SP.
- - +2% Demi reduction
- - +3% Demi reduction.
- - Fixed cast time -1 second and 10 MATK.
- - Auto cast random bolts when attacking on enemy, mainly for Battle AB.
- INT -3, MaxSP +150, -20% SP recovery; when worn with, , INT +4, +30% SP recovery - When base of LUK 77 or higher, 100% SP regen and HP regen, MHP+300 - +25 MATK. - +1% HP every 2 refine.
- Detects hidden enemies. - Reduces after cast delay by 30% - +50 MATK 70% fixed cast reduction and +5 MATK every refine. - +30% Heal effectiveness but +15% more SP consumption. - Reduces SP consumption by 30%. - Nullify gemstone consumption and SP consumption by 25%
- - Enchantable with Spell.
- - Overall elemental reduction and extra SP on higher refine.
- - Combo with Excellion Suit.
- - Neutral reduction but reduces incoming damage from other elements.
- - Combo with Temporal Boots.
- - With or or
- - HP boost and when comboed with , penalty effect is nullified.
- -50% damage from Neutral attacks, +50% damage from non-Neutral attacks. - -20% damage from Neutral attacks. - 10% ranged attacks damage reduction and 10% Neutral attack reduction.
- - Upgraded to have more DEF.
- - Runaway Magic Enchant and Spell enchant work best.
- - Runaway Magic and Spell Enchant work best.
- - Neutral element resistance.
- nice card for shoes/boots as it gives extra +MHP and +MSP at 9+ refine state. - MaxHP and MaxSP +4%; if refined to no higher than +4, additional MaxHP and MaxSP +4%, +5% HP and SP recovery. - MaxHP and MaxSP +8%
- - Huge bonus long range reduction.
- - Pretty much the best. Great DEF, some MDEF, reduces common elemental damage.
- - Prevents knockback effect at +8 and unbreakable.
- - Can use Odin's Power Lv 2.
- - Just a basic version of 2nd Vol.
Best carded with Thara Frog, Alice, Khalitzburg Knight, Hodremlin or Elemental Reduction cards.
- - Enchantable with which makes you Highness Heal spammable.
- - Enchantable with which increases Heal effectiveness.
- - Greatly increases healing rate.
- - Reduces after cast delay by 5% but increases SP consumption.
- - +15 MDEF.
- Enables Lv1 Hiding. - Long range damage reduced by 5%.
Scatter Shadow set for mainly all.
Archbishop Weapon and Shield only for Ado build, since for now whole set is still unavailable.
For overall PVM build .
- Stats on top HG.
- HP&SP for mid and low.
- HP, Redux, MATK on Wings and Amulet.
For PVP and WoE.
- Redux for all.
|Holy single target damage skill, causes Blind and Decrease Agi.||10||Offensive|
|Creates a consumable that restores huge amount of SP.||1||Active|
|Casts Increase AGI on all party members that are close to you and has additional +1 AGI per 10 JobLVs.||3||Supportive|
|Removes status ailments and status buffs from target monster or party member. Does not work on players outside your party.||5||Active|
|Casts Blessing on all party members that are close to you and has additional +1 STR, INT and DEX per 10 JobLVs.||3||Supportive|
|Casts Heal on all party members radius around you and has additional +2.5% bonus healing for each party member in range.||3||Supportive|
|Battle AB skill that grants user a chance to auto cast an extra Magic or Physical damage on target.||10||Active|
|Casts a tree that resurrects friendly dead players in a 5x5 area on the ground. While giving increased HP, HP and SP recovery.||5||Supportive|
|Increase attack power and resistance against Demons and Shadow monsters.||10||Passive|
|Endows target with Holy and grants DEF bypassing percentage.||5||Supportive|
|Heals target with 2~3.2x power.||5||Supportive|
|Deals Holy magical damage to target within 3x3 area.||5||Offensive|
|Chance to remove Frozen, Stone, Blind, Freezing, Crystallization, and Burning from party members while also giving bonus VIT for 60 seconds.||4||Supportive|
|Chance to remove Silence, Sleep, Stun, Mandragora Howling, and Deep Sleep from party members while also giving bonus LUK for 60 seconds.||4||Supportive|
|Increases the efficiency of healing skills while increasing SP Cost of all skills.||5||Active|
|Reduces Holy element resistance of enemies in a 15-cell radius around you by 2~20%.||10||Active|
|Casts Kyrie Eleison on party members in a 18-cell radius around you.||10||Supportive|
|Recover 3% HP every 5 seconds on non-undead target and deals damage on undead target.||1||Supportive|
|Reduces 50% fixed cast time.||5||Supportive|
|Inflict Silence status on enemies around you.||5||Supportive|
|Skill||Description||Levels||SP||Cast Time & Cool down||Type||Equipment|
|For 60 seconds, +70 Equipment ATK and MATK. -20 Equipment DEF and MDEF.||1||70||Instant||Supportive|
|For 60 seconds, +100 Equipment ATK and MATK. -20 Equipment DEF and MDEF.||2||100|
Arch Bishop Alternative Outfit
By talking to the Dress Genie near the Event Genie, you can change your outfit to a new one. It consumes:
Note: for the default version you can just choose old outfit option, ticket is only used for new one.