Adoption system allows you and your partner to adopt a character and turn it into Baby character, however it is not the only way to become a baby character. You can also talk to Admiral as a Novice with 10 job level.
Baby characters are smaller than normal characters in appearance, including their pet, mount, etc.
There are some benefits and limitation of being a baby:
- Baby and parents can share EXP without level gap limitation.
- Baby characters are considered as small sized, means cards like Skeleton Worker card doesn't affect them.
- Baby characters can only have 75% of normal character's Max HP and Max SP.
- Maximum stat for Baby character is 80 at job 2 and trans, and 117 at job 3.
- Baby characters have 1200 less weigh limit.
- Baby Whitesmith and Alchemist will have 50% less chance on brewing and forging.
How To Adopt
Before adopting, you need to make sure you and your partner are married
- Make party with your partner and the adoptee.
- Adoptee has to be a Novice.
- Right click on the adoptee character and choose the option to adopt.
Adoption Exclusive Skills
- Remove EXP penalty upon death on parents.
- Mom, Dad, I miss you!: Baby exclusive skill, call parents to baby's side.
- Come To Me, Honey: Skill exclusive to parents, calls their baby to their side.