Sign in to follow this  
Yhomi

Movies/Books/Series Recommendations

Hi there =)

So, I'm always looking for new stuff to watch or read, so I thought this thread could be a good idea for us to share movies we liked and recommend to each other.

I'm currently looking for a new serie to watch, any recommendation?

For those who are looking for stuff to read, I really enjoy Stephen King books, right now reading the dark tower serie, and loving it. I also suggest Percy Jackson books (I'm a huge fan of it) and the Heroes of Olympus series, which comes after Percy Jackson. I like Nicholas Sparks books as well, most of em always makes me cry but they are amazing xD

Well for movies I suggest Pacific Rim, amazing machine versus monster movie, and I can't remember of another one so if I do, I'll post here later.

I'm also looking for new bands to listen, suggestions would be good

Hi. You may want to watch the following series:

How I Met Your Mother (currently on 9th/final season)

Game of Thrones (upcoming 4th season)

Suits (upcoming 4th season)

:)

I reccomend/suggest to try the following:

Books => Stieg Larsson Trilogy...the girl with the dragon tattoo ,the girl who played with fire ,the girl who kicked the hornets nest

currently im about to finish my first book of EL james trilogy ,..Fifty shades of grey.>..Fifty shades of Darker,> Fifty shades freed

Nicholas Sparks Inspired and Love story

TV Series => for those who really want some action/thriller packed i suggest 24 series ....( Jack bauer)

Movies Hmm..im a fun of Hasbro movies such as Transformer, Battleship, Battle Field Earth ,Pacific Rim anything that relates to alien vs machine vs human include Terminator

You should try to read the George R. R. Martin books of the Game of Thrones.

When I started to watch that series I was so mesmerized by it, that I actually started to read the books, which are awesomely written!

Of course you need a mind full of fantasy for that, but I guess that won't be a problem.

It may be a bit different than the series itself, but its always like this and the structure of the books is really cool and it makes it even more exciting.

Have fun :D

In Poland Witcher is a very popular series and very close to my heart since middle school. First three books of the witcher saga has been officially translated into english ergo Last Wish, The Blood of The Elves and Time of Contempt. I believe they must be some fan translations somewhere for the other ones. Really great series if you are into fantasy with a realistic dirty medieval style.

For TV series my favourite ones are How i Met your Mother, Dexter and well... South Park :P

If someone is into anime he can check out my list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ziemniaczany

I'm not sure if you might like my preferences, I can be weird sometimes.

Literature - I rarely read books, I don't like mainstream stuff. However this book got me interested. House of Leaves Mark Z. Danielewski. I also love reading articles from The SCP Foundation website. It's like reading documents from the X-Files.

TV Series - Doctor Who...watch EVERYTHING lol. Can't wait for the Christmas Special, and the appearance of the 12th doctor. Although it's a documentary... I got hooked on watching NHK's Begin Japanology

Movies:

Moon

The Time Machine (1960 Film)

Without Warning (This one was so funny, I got calls from my friends and they thought it was REAL when they saw it on HBO back when it just aired).

Six-String Samurai (1998)  <- A freaking awesome movie when I first saw it (It's a B movie but don't let that fool you)

All the Jackie Chan films that he directed himself.... (Just don't watch the ones produced by America... all of those sucks)

You should try to read the George R. R. Martin books of the Game of Thrones.

When I started to watch that series I was so mesmerized by it, that I actually started to read the books, which are awesomely written!

Of course you need a mind full of fantasy for that, but I guess that won't be a problem.

It may be a bit different than the series itself, but its always like this and the structure of the books is really cool and it makes it even more exciting.

Have fun :D

The problem here is that you will fall short of your expectations after reading the book as it does have more twists than on series. Tho the series is awesome as it is. Waiting for season 4!

The problem here is that you will fall short of your expectations after reading the book as it does have more twists than on series. Tho the series is awesome as it is. Waiting for season 4!

Well, I am reading the books, cause I can't wait for the seasons ahead haha

It is still totally different for me to watch the series and read the books.

I don't have any expectations for Game of Thrones anymore, since it is just pure epicness and whatever you think it will just blow your mind anyway ^^

Well, I am reading the books, cause I can't wait for the seasons ahead haha

It is still totally different for me to watch the series and read the books.

I don't have any expectations for Game of Thrones anymore, since it is just pure epicness and whatever you think it will just blow your mind anyway ^^

My mind was blown during the red wedding. Hahaha. And ygritte.. /slur

LOL, the Red Wedding, as someone who already read those damn books... It's so fun experiencing the reactions of my co-workers when we watched it at the office one time.

84KSEzG.gif

Haahaha!

You are spoiling for those, who didn't see it :ph34r:

Hahaha. Not really. They don't know what's with the red wedding. This will just make them excited even mooore. xD

LOL, the Red Wedding, as someone who already read those damn books... It's so fun experiencing the reactions of my co-workers when we watched it at the office one time.

84KSEzG.gif

Dat reaction. Hahahahahaha.

Well Red Wedding implies something ..... B)

For someone who doesn't have a clue about it...they'll just think Everyone wore Red Attire.

i do already watch the walking dead, the vampire diaries, glee (yeah judge me), american horror story (i recommend that, awesome)

how about breaking bad, is it good? i feel like starting that also