Hilmir

Hi Loves... Damn I'll miss saying that LOL XD

Hi loves,

I was always the one who responsible to deliver server news especially during maintenance, but this time, I have news of my own. A good news, for some of you I'm sure. But before I give you the headline, I'd love to share  something if you care.

June 2016 is when I started to play Limit RO, a friend of mine invited me to join the server coz I wanted to try Kagero/Oboro and Rebellion. I found it to be an interesting server, especially because Limit is my very first fully renewal server. I got excited over the weirdest things like alternative sprite, the cute costumes, etc, so I decided to stay despite the existence of screen-wide-wings and tacky auras.

I made friends, close friends, even family and things went really quick after I became a Helper 3 months prior to me joining the server. I got promoted to join the GM team 3 months later. It was crazy, but I knew at that time that it happened for reasons, and one of them is to fix a classic server issue. Well, beside making better visual for the server, I have to say I was surprised that such big server had such ugly banners and layouts lol (no offense whoever you were to work the designs). First impression comes from look afterall. XD

So yeah, back to the classic server issue. Which is also gonna be the highlight of this "news". 

I'm pretty sure a lot of you, if not all, know what I mean and I really hope you do because I cannot mention it in details. This is such an old thing, and I can assure you Limit RO isn't the only one with this issue. I tried so hard, really hard, to try to fix it... But I failed. With my experience working for an official server for a few years, I was confident I can fix a server, a private server like this. But boy I was wrong. I did spank myself a little bit for it but then I realize, it's not the server that's broken and need to change. It's an individual. And I think it is safe to say, it's this individual's nature behind the issues, and changing someone's nature, is a God's work. And I'm no God. What makes me think it's his/her nature is because it seemed that this person does not change no matter how many times he/she promised to. Digging new holes after covering one. It is a pattern. It's a nature. Realizing this, I decided to stop.

I am a fighter, well, maybe that's too much of a statement, let me rephrase it; I get things done. I'm pretty sure everyone who have worked with me will agree that I work fast and accurate with satisfying results. I get things done. Our Admin would agree even after this letter. I get things done and I haven't had hard time completing a task or mission. But this time, I'm waving white flag, and with this my mission is over.

No longer having a mission to complete, I don't have business here anymore. I'm accepting my defeat. I'm walking away because there's nothing left for me to do. It was never about the money, I don't need it, never needed it. I can't tell amount but for awhile I only received game currency BY CHOICE, because like I said, I don't need it. Only this past 2 months I accept cash because I was already on the verge of the defeat and there were quiet a lot requests done. So yeah, if any of you think money is involved in this, nope. At least not on my side.

I'm not the only one, btw. You will find out soon. And their reasons are pretty much the same as mine. I did not drag them into this or provoke them. They are independent, smart minded people. They figured it out the way I did. Some of them even realized it before I did. I can only respect their decisions. I did tell them to wait... Just a little longer, because I had plan to release custom content created fully by our Helper team, so that their work on the content will be worth it and can become their legacy, but I guess I'm too weak. Something happened this week that hit me really hard and I couldn't stand my ground anymore. I'm deeply sorry for those I told to wait... I can't anymore.

So congrats to my haters, your gay c*** sucker GM is no more, and for my beloved players who had trust in me and my works, I apologize. I apologize in general for any mistakes I made, if I ever unintentionally hurt someone with words or action. I sincerely apologize.

So... What now?

I still have 1 more responsibility here, I promise a server trailer and I will finish it (gotta claim that half month salary XD jk jk). Other than that, well, all I can say is, I will visit once in awhile. :)

Good luck for new Helpers and future GMs. There will always be good and bad, fun and fail, but at the end of the day, you achieve something from it. It's worth the hard work. I know. Because it was worth it for me even tho it was short.

1.jpg.d71f419e1d69cc650c3eaf96dfb3dfb0.jpg

I know this post is bound to be deleted sooner or later, well, more like sooner lol. But well, I hope not. I hope this post can become a token to start over, to be reminder, to be better. So please, let it stay for a little while. At least to show respect for what I have done for the server?

<GM> Hilmir logs out~ ^o^/

Edited by Hilmir
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Himichaaaan ~~

Thank you for being part of my team, and I can't be more proud of you and your works / sprites that you provided to LimitRO <3

I wish you everything well and hopefully, one day in the future, you will come and say hello again, LimitRO will always be here for you <3

I'm not so sure, why you think this topic will be deleted or so...also I'm totally not aware of your thoughts of quitting until of this moment :o 

It would be nice to let me know somehow or some hints or so, maybe we could have talked over it.... but I guess now, it's no longer possible :( 

Very sad, but....

I need to be strong, now that one GM has left, same with many past GMs have left... I need to be even stronger and make sure LimitRO goes on forever <3

Thank you again Himichaan for everything <3

Muah!

• Like 1

@Hilmir

Don't leave la plz, I'mma miss you /sob

Everyone knows you were never here for the money or fame. Cz if you were, you would have quit as soon as u started being trolled. Stay in there brah. U are stronger then this. Don't let a retards mistake break ur resolve to make limitRO better.

You stuck in there with all those TT's and slurs against you. Which says enough about you being a strong individual. I dunno if anyone else cld have handled the hate which u have shrugged off with ease.

So yea either stick in there or stick it in there, don't be a pussy.....

16 minutes ago, F a i z said:

@Hilmir

Don't leave la plz, I'mma miss you /sob

Everyone knows you were never here for the money or fame. Cz if you were, you would have quit as soon as u started being trolled. Stay in there brah. U are stronger then this. Don't let a retards mistake break ur resolve to make limitRO better.

You stuck in there with all those TT's and slurs against you. Which says enough about you being a strong individual. I dunno if anyone else cld have handled the hate which u have shrugged off with ease.

So yea either stick in there or stick it in there, don't be a pussy.....

Awhhh.

I tried. But I guess some things are unchangeable. Need to turn my back while I still have respect for certain people even if it's broken and little. It's better than walking away with no respect left.

Very sad news indeed.... this guy is known for being one of the most hard working, hands on and a very receptive gm (may it be something trivial or serious he will reply to you fast and wont get ignored). 

I'll miss you, I allready missed you the past days! I wish you all the best for the future.

I realy hate this flaming and childish behave from alot of peeps. Who cares if someone is a noob? we all were noobs in the past, alot of us are still noobs and some will stay noobs forever cause they dont understand how to act with other people. And allways this gay shouting (not only against you dear Hilmir) god damn whats the problem of beeing gay? those guys mostly have a better and cleaner heart then anyone else.

Please Mister Lai, think about well who will become a new GM. We dont need someone who cant respect other races or other sexual inclination !!!

Respect each other!!!

Farewell Hilmir 😚

I regret to inform that I'll also be stepping down from my role as Helper starting tomorrow.

My real life priorities has grown substantially and I lost someone very dear to me not too long ago. My guidance and consultation on server matter has also been inadequate to meet this server's high standard as it often contradict with my superior's much grander vision.

That said, I haven't been active much recently so I terribly sorry for that. I would also like to apologise for any shortcomings and if I had offended anyone during my time as a helper. (Except for that 1 idiot)

I'll miss bombing people thats for sure. Well, thats all dearies. You can still pm me in-game or forum if you have any inquiries that not related to Price Check.

/no1

Edited by Akin
Highlighted smthin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Akin said:

You can still pm me in-game or forum if you have any inquiries that not related to Price Check.

Oh.. Dang it.. anyways.. >_< 

Hm.. It makes me wonder though what would be the reason but it's their issue so.. yeah. 

@Hilmir I do get your point regarding the study. I'm currently studying Masters in Supervision and Administration(finished up Dentistry, teaching in a college, needs an MA/MaED degree) and that study have cropped up every now and then. Which makes me double curious as to why you're leaving.

I sure do hope you get to hop in the server every now and then, not as a GM, but as a player, experiencing what YOU helped made.

1 hour ago, Akin said:

I regret to inform that I'll also be stepping down from my role as Helper starting tomorrow.

My real life priorities has grown substantially and I lost someone very dear to me not too long ago. My guidance on server matter has also been lacking as it often contradict with my superior's vision.

That said, I haven't been active much recently so I terribly sorry for that. I would also like to apologise for any shortcomings and if I had offended anyone during my time as a helper. (Except for that 1 idiot)

I'll miss bombing people thats for sure. Well, thats all dearies. You can still pm me in-game or forum if you have any inquiries that not related to Price Check.

/no1

ok...

I was one of those pioneer players when LimitRO first opened years ago. I stopped playing after about a month. I already quit playing Ragnarok online but a friend invited me to play again in LimitRO, and so I did, with a few other friends. I started playing again last February, 27 to be exact. After a about 3 to 4 months, I became a Helper.

I became a Helper with the sole goal of helping newbies. I noticed how newbies who didn't have any friends and experience with renewal system had a really hard time keeping up. I was ecstatic. Until I met Lai.

Kudos to Lai for being able to keep the server alive for such a long time. Not many servers have achieved this feat. In fact,  majority of the servers i joined, if not all, have already closed. Congratulations. But yeah... Lai. To sum it up, he sucked all the excitement from me. He called what Helpers do as "voluntary" and so we did not deserve any pay. I still did put up with the "voluntary" work and still continued assisting newbies and answered random questions. I even edited 3 instance guides on LimitRO Wiki on my first week (Octopus Cave, Ghost Palace, and Airship Assault). I knew nothing about editing a Wiki and CODING, but i put up with it and studied it with the help of @Hilmir [thank you for being patient and teaching me those stuff]. But yeah, aside from these Wiki edits, I have no other poof of being a "Helper"..

I am still very proud to say that I did help a lot of players. I was more of a "behind the scenes" guy and that no one really knows how I helped all those players. I have no proof to show anyone how I helped those players. I never took a screenshot nor did i compile a list of names of those players I helped. Some inquiries and questions i was unable to answer since only Lai or Yuuki knew answers to them. If someone asked me about a character I didn't know, I always passed them to others Helpers who specialized in those specific characters. I always knew we had a superstar Helper roster. Each one had his/her own specialty and I am proud to say that I was a part of this team, however short it was. 

I'd like to say thank you to @Hilmir and @Akin, you guys helped me put up with the bull. And also to everyone I met, thank you. Special mention to my Guild, BloodPact, I consider you guys family.To my War of Emperium guilds, STARS and AFK Buddies, it was fun however short it was. And also to my previous guild, Assailant, I was on the verge of quitting the server last June until I met you guys.

To everyone, I bid thee farewell.

P.S. The reason I'm quitting the helper team is because of the loading screen contest outcome, among other things. 5 winners were promised a Robe of Flattery or Abusive Robe, and the others were promised 500 Hero Tokens and Bronze Coins. I might have understood the decision to CHANGE PRIZES if it was announced a few days before the deadline but the decision was made a few days AFTER we announced the winners. The decision was unfair, unjust, and inhumane. I was triggered when I heard the news but it would be petty to rant about it. So yeah, I put up with it again, even If I was one of the winners. I didn't want to be a part of this. And so I quit.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, CasaNova said:

I was one of those pioneer players when LimitRO first opened years ago. I stopped playing after about a month. I already quit playing Ragnarok online but a friend invited me to play again in LimitRO, and so I did, with a few other friends. I started playing again last February, 27 to be exact. After a about 3 to 4 months, I became a Helper.

I became a Helper with the sole goal of helping newbies. I noticed how newbies who didn't have any friends and experience with renewal system had a really hard time keeping up. I was ecstatic. Until I met Lai.

Kudos to Lai for being able to keep the server alive for such a long time. Not many servers have achieved this feat. In fact,  majority of the servers i joined, if not all, have already closed. Congratulations. But yeah... Lai. To sum it up, he sucked all the excitement from me. He called what Helpers do as "voluntary" and so we did not deserve any pay. I still did put up with the "voluntary" work and still continued assisting newbies and answered random questions. I even edited 3 instance guides on LimitRO Wiki on my first week (Octopus Cave, Ghost Palace, and Airship Assault). I knew nothing about editing a Wiki and CODING, but i put up with it and studied it with the help of @Hilmir [thank you for being patient and teaching me those stuff]. But yeah, aside from these Wiki edits, I have no other poof of being a "Helper"..

I am still very proud to say that I did help a lot of players. I was more of a "behind the scenes" guy and that no one really knows how I helped all those players. I have no proof to show anyone how I helped those players. I never took a screenshot nor did i compile a list of names of those players I helped. Some inquiries and questions i was unable to answer since only Lai or Yuuki knew answers to them. If someone asked me about a character I didn't know, I always passed them to others Helpers who specialized in those specific characters. I always knew we had a superstar Helper roster. Each one had his/her own specialty and I am proud to say that I was a part of this team, however short it was. 

I'd like to say thank you to @Hilmir and @Akin, you guys helped me put up with the bull. And also to everyone I met, thank you. Special mention to my Guild, BloodPact, I consider you guys family.To my War of Emperium guild, STARS, it was fun however short it was. And also to my previous guild, Assailant, I was on the verge of quitting the server last June until I met you guys.

To everyone, I bid thee farewell.

P.S. The reason I'm quitting the helper team is because of the loading screen contest outcome, among other things. 5 winners were promised a Robe of Flattery or Abusive Robe, and the others were promised 500 Hero Tokens and Bronze Coins. I might have understood the decision to CHANGE PRIZES if it was announced a few days before the deadline but the decision was made a few days AFTER we announced the winners. The decision was unfair, unjust, and inhumane. I was triggered when I heard the news but it would be petty to rant about it. So yeah, I put up with it again, even If I was one of the winners. I didn't want to be a part of this. And so I quit.

can i have your eq sir?

As most of you have noticed Ive been inactive the past few months, I will also be leaving the helper team.

There are several reasons why I decided to leave, will just mention the most important ones:

First of all, the greedy mentality that has been on the team ever since I joined kept increasing more and more by the day, without restrains.

Server population is toxic and salty as there are no words to describe, but there are exceptions and you know which category you fit in. But as nothing is ever done, its pointless arguing on this.

Last and most important, my patience ran out on dealing with certain decisions that were mostly money influenced and also the lack of management, that should come from the top not after the problem arises.

I thank everyone who supported me and mostly the people that were close, those were one of the reasons why I did not quit, but everything has a limit and my patience reached it.

Overall it was a fun ride.

Kyouka.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Lai really do need to balance his priorities. As i see, he doesn't care about the players, he just care about the profit and how to attract possible donors. He has the same mentality as the the owner of the previous server i've played before i returned here in Limit. No wonder the server population there and here doesn't have much difference in terms of newbies to quitting player ratio. I hope Lai will someday change his mind and learn how to think for himself and i guess study things about playing RO again coz i feel like he only treats LimitRO as a business now, there's no more passion on how to make the server great again. : /

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kyouka said:

As most of you have noticed Ive been inactive the past few months, I will also be leaving the helper team.

There are several reasons why I decided to leave, will just mention the most important ones:

First of all, the greedy mentality that has been on the team ever since I joined kept increasing more and more by the day, without restrains.

Server population is toxic and salty as there are no words to describe, but there are exceptions and you know which category you fit in. But as nothing is ever done, its pointless arguing on this.

Last and most important, my patience ran out on dealing with certain decisions that were mostly money influenced and also the lack of management, that should come from the top not after the problem arises.

I thank everyone who supported me and mostly the people that were close, those were one of the reasons why I did not quit, but everything has a limit and my patience reached it.

Overall it was a fun ride.

Kyouka.

Eq sir plz?

5 hours ago, Parakins said:

Hello, unfortunately I'm not a helper but I quit too. 

Dont have to mention here tho. Just move on.

Always looked forward to your works and excited to see more to come. You and the helper team have been an inspiration, positive influence, a figure to look up to, and many more. Wish for the best where you'll be and keep being fabulous!!!!!

Some of the replies are just... I don't know... makes things look like Lai, Yuuki, Inkfish and many other staff members are worth nothing <.<

It's like...we all praise someone because he was nice to me, and it's all someone's credits for everything there is in LimitRO...

Oh well ~~