Caphleo

Cap's Noob Guide to Bow SC

19 posts in this topic

Header.thumb.jpg.121c359253da9b89202a501863636126.jpg

Cap's Noob Guide to Bow SC

I've mentioned to a few people before that I'll make a guide on how to build a Bow Shadow Chaser. It's a miracle I wasn't feeling lazy.

Before I start, I wanna preface this by saying unless you have 999999999999999 safe ores and cash shop ores, it would still be hard to be competitive in the PVM/MVP scene against those end-game geared Rangers, Genetics, Guillotine Crosses, and other MVP classes out there.

This build requires a ton of investment for you to do significant damage. I wouldn't recommend this build to new players. This build is more like a luxury build. Not really for people who are on a tight budget. Now, don't get me wrong, you can still build a Bow SC with budget gears, just don't expect your character to do high damage.

Okay, moving on!!!!

STATS

First, we're gonna talk about your stats.

There're only 2 stats that you should be worried about. Those stats directly affects the damage of the two main skills you're gonna be using as a Bow SC. Mainly, Agi and Dex.

I recommend to have at least 120 points allocated each for Agi and Dex.

Your stats should be like (these are base stats):

STR - 30~50

AGI - 110~120

VIT - 60~90

INT - 80~90

DEX - 120

LUK - 40~77

GEARS

Now on to Gears...

There really isn't that much option for Bow SCs. We get our damage mostly from our Headgear, Weapon, and Shadow Set.

Upper:

18975.gif Old Shadow Crown [1] - There really isn't that much choice when it comes upper headgear. This is where our main damage boost will come from. Every 2 refine will increase Triangle Shot damage by 25%. Get this to at least +6 for +75% damage. Not to mention that ATK and MATK bonus you get for every refine.

31022.gif Duneyrr/Dark Pinguicula Card - +10 ATK.

31022.gif Pharaoh Card - -30% SP consumption.

31022.gif Arc Angeling Card - +100% SP recovery if base LUK is 77 or above.

31022.gif Any status resist cards.

4922.gif Essence of Evil Concentration 3 - +4 DEX, +8 HIT, -4 LUK. Good if you're lacking HIT for those high FLEE monsters

4910.gif Essence of Evil Force 3 - +4 STR, +12 ATK, -4 INT

Mid:

20145.gif Robo Eye - There aren't really that much Mid HGs to choose from.

5470.gif Eye of Darkness - Resists Blind Status and gives +1 Dex. It's important to have some blind resist if you're fighting a monster that inflicts the status. Not only is your vision impaired, but your Hit will suffer as well, making you mostly likely miss your attacks. Your Flee will also decrease.

5329.gif Dark Blindfold - Same as Eye of Darkness without the Dex bonus.

18599.gif Black Devil Mask - +2 to all Stats. Not really worth the investment, in my opinion.

18657.png Sigrun's Wing - +1 flat ASPD. More ASPD isn't a bad thing.

Lower:

5462.gif Spiked Scarf - +35 ATK with -2% Max HP penalty.

5155.gif Father's White Moustache - +20 ATK

5305.gif Pirate Dagger - +5 ATK. Meh, you can do better really.

18666.gif CD In Mouth - Casts random bolt skills when doing physical attacks. This works on bows too, but you have to be 7 cells or less from your target. This is useful if you're up against instances where you have to kill plant defense protocol monsters (Bakonawa and Bangungot Instances to name a few.)

Armor:

15128 Excellion Suit - +10 Vit if you're over level 130, Max HP +4% every 3 refines. This is like my go-to armor of choice. STR ATK ATK or STR ATK ASPD are decent choices of enchants. You can also have a lot of this with different elements. Definitely cheaper than other armors if you wanna have multiple elements in your inventory. Not to mention it combos with the Wing for -20% after cast delay.

15097.gif Heroic Hidden Cloth [1] - Max HP/SP +5%, Increases Triangle Shot damage by 10%, and a chance to increase ATK and MATK by 10% with every physical attack. For me, this is like the second best armor you can wear. They're hard to find tho, and expensive AF.

2357.gif Valkyrian Armor [1] - +1 to all Stats, Unbreakable, and +50% resist to Stun when worn by Thief Classes. This is still a good armor to wear. You can have multiple of these and card them with different elements.

31022.gif Porcellio Card - +25 ATK, -5 DEF. A good start-up card.

31022.gif Marc Card - Protects from Freeze.

31022.gif Evil Druid Card - Gives Undead property. This is really the only way you can protect yourself from getting Stone Cursed since you can't wear a shield. Just be careful if you're in a party, your priest won't be able to resurrect you should you die.

31022.gif Ghostring Card - Enchants armor with Ghost property, -25% HP Recovery. Good for tanking neutral attacks (Earthequake, Hell's Judgment, monster normal attacks).

31022.gif Any elemental cards.

4922.gif Essence of Evil Concentration 3 - +4 DEX, +8 HIT, -4 LUK.

4910.gif Essence of Evil Force 3 - +4 STR, +12 ATK, -4 INT

Weapon:

18130.gif Crimson Bow [2] - +(Refine*Refine) ATK, +5 ATK every 10 Base Level above level 70. In my opinion, this is the best bow you can get for your Bow SC. The only downside is you have to refine it to at least +12 for it to shine. iRO peeps have tested damage against Catapult in this thread.

18109.gif Catapult [2] - +2% Triangle Shot damage every refine, +2% increase SP consumption of skill per refine. Not really worth getting imo. The additional SP consumption is also a huge drawback. Not to mention it only adds 2% damage per refine, not like a GXB that adds +5% per refine with Arrow Storm. Well, if you really need a bow and can't get an over-upped Crimson Bow, I guess this could be the better substitute.

18128.gif Infinity Bow [1] - Nothing really special, but the enchants are promising. If you're patient enough, you can get a bow with EA 16 (+32% ranged /rice... Downside is they're account bound.

18112.gif Upgrade Bow [1] - +7 ATK per refine, +2% ranged damage per refine, +10 ATK per 10 base level when base level 70 or higher. Let's just say you have a +16 Upgrade Bow, you'll have a bonus of +328 ATK from refining it, +0~88 variable ATK per attack, and +32% ranged damage. Is it worth it tho? I don't know, and I don't wanna ever find out because I just made a +15 Crimson Bow...

31022.gif Memory of Thanatos Card - Increases damage based on the target's DEF. Thana is bae.

31022.gif White Knight Card - +20% damage to medium and large monsters, +15 ATK.

31022.gif Archer Skeleton Card - +10% ranged damage.

Garment:

2589.gif Fallen Angel Wing [1] - Effects too many to mention lol. Enchant with Expert Archer for additional Ranged damage.

20773 Excellion Wing - Awesome combo for Excellion Suit. 3x ATK Enchants are the best option. 3x Reactor 202 for +300% SP recovery if you have troubles with SP and don't wanna consume too much SP items.

20748.gif Cloak of Casualty [1] - I don't even wanna mention this. But think of this as FAWs on steroids. The only thing is you have to over upgrade this garment to really feel its effects. It's expensive AF!

2576.gif Heroic Backpack [1] - Good if you're on a budget. Kinda cheap-ish. 

31022.gif Menblatt Card - +1% Ranged damage every 10 base DEX. Cheapest damage card there is.

31022.gif Deviling Card - +50% resistance to neutral property, but -50% resistance to the other properties.

31022.gif Flamel Card - +200% heal from Red, Yellow, Orange, and White Potions. I have a lot of Flamel garments, don't judge.

31022.gif Infinite Chimera Card - +8% Max HP, +4% Max SP, +10% ATK/MATK when compounded with Infinite Vagabond Wolf Card

Footgear:

22008.gif Temporal DEX Boots [0]/[1] - Really, I feel like there's no other option. Enchant with Expert Archer and Hawkeye.

22071 Applause Sandals [1] - Haven't really tested if this is better than a pair of DEX Boots with Hawkeye enchant. The after cast delay redux is awesome tho. Can't really card this other than with Amon Ra.

31022.gif Verit/Green Ferus/Matyr Card - Depends on you really. I'd go for Verit for that added SP

31022.gif Outrageous Cookie Card - +1% ATK/MATK, -2% Max HP. +1% ATK/MATK, -2% Max HP every 2 upgrades.

31022.gif Infinite Vagabond Wolf Card - +10 ATK, +10 ATK when refined to +7, +15 ATK when refined to +9.

Accessories:

2992.gif Pendant of Maelstrom [1] - +1 to all Stats, +6% ATK/MATK, chance to autocast level 1 Maelstrom when magically attacked (basically a 3x3 mini Land Protector).

2910.gif Bakonawa Agimat Tattoo - +7% ATK, +10% ASPD

2963.gif Physical Enhancer Ring [1] - +5% ATK

2927.gif Dex Glove [1] - +1 Hit for ever 10 base DEX, +1% Ranged damage when base Dex is over 110

31022.gif Gold Scaraba Card - +20 ATK, -1% Max HP

I can't really think of any other accessory card that would be beneficial to this build. /heh

Shadow Gears:

24162.gif Shadow Chaser Shadow Weapon - +20% Triangle Shot damage, +5% Triangle Shot damage for every refine.

24215.gif Shadow Chaser Shadow Shield - Effects aren't really important. +20% Triangle Shot damage, +2% ATK/MATK, +2% Ranged damage when worn with Shadow Chaser Shadow Weapon.

If you have donate costumes, it's up to you which gems you'd like. I have ASPD gems on my donate because I mainly share that with my GX and my Ranger. I also have an all-stat one but I prefer the ASPD one to help with hitlocking if needed to.

SKILLS

There really is only 1 major skill that you need to worry about, and that's Triangle Shot. The others are mostly for support/debuff that are useful when doing instances alone.

I'll highlight my most used skills

sc_triangleshot.gif Triangle Shot - Fires 3 Arrows to a target and has a chance to knock them back. This skill scales with your AGI. That's why it's important to have high AGI, not only for ASPD, but also for this skill.

sc_escape.gif Emergency Escape - Needs 1 Special Alloy trap to cast. You basically backslide from your target and leave a trap behind, rendering them immobile. This is a nice combo if you reproduce Ranger's Aimed Bolt. Aimed Bolt deals multiple hits when the target is trapped. Can deal high damage.

sc_maelstrom.gif Maelstrom - A 3x3 mini Land Protector.

sc_manhole.gif Manhole - Traps whoever walks into it for up to 15 seconds. Useful for trapping mobs you don't wanna fight with.

sc_feintbomb.gif Feint Bomb - Just a nice FU skill. You enter into hide status and backs away from your original position, leaving a mirage of yourself that will explode, dealing AoE damage.

sc_bloodylust.gif Bloody Lust - Forces everyone who step on it into Berserk Status. Free LK card lol. I mainly got it just to support other ctrl+click classes.

sc_reproduce.gif Reproduce - Well, it reproduces a skill.

rg_plagiarism.gif Plagiarism - Copies up to 2-2 skills.

st_rejectsword.gif Reject Sword - Reduces damage taken and reflects it back.

st_preserve.gif Preserve - Prevents your copied skill from getting overwritten.

Notable skills to copy:

wm_severe_rainstorm.gif Severe Rainstorm - Over all, this is the best Ranged AoE you can copy. This deals more DPS than Arrow Storm, and can trigger Hawkeye enchant more frequently. I also prefer this since the target is semi-hitlocked for the duration of the skill and you can then spam Triangle Shot.

ra_aimedbolt.gif Aimed Bolt - This is more like a trick shot than anything else. Great for bragging in PVP, but there's really no usage in PVM. You have to trap your target using Emergency Escape, then cast Aimed Bolt. The drawback is the trap will disappear if Aimed Bolt hit. So unless you can 1 shot your target, this is generally a useless combo. You'd get more DPS if you trap your target and spam Triangle Shot.

ra_arrowstorm.gif Arrow Storm - Just for the lols, why not.

wz_frostnova.gif Frost Nova - When you wanna escape. Or Freeze a target and equip Wind Arrows for more damage.

mo_tripleattack.gif Triple Attack - just for the lols. Useful for hitlocking. Not much else.

ht_claymoretrap.gif Claymore Trap - I'm really running out of ideas on what useful skills to copy.

Here's my current skill build. You can customize your skills as long as you have the important ones.

Items

Must-haves:

6121.gif Makeover Brush

6122.gif Paint Brush

6120.gif Face Paint

6123.gif Surface Paint

1750.gif Arrows - Every kind and every element lol

Bow SCs don't really need that much consumable really.

But your main arsenal should be:

657.gif Berserk Potion - ASPD!!!!!!!!!!

12437.gif Enriched Celermine Juice - MOAR ASPD!!!!!!!!!

12414.gif Guarana Candy - Level 5 Agi Up, Concentration Potion effect.

662.gif Authoritative Badge - Increases Movement Speed.

12016.gif Speed Potion - VRRROOOOOMMMM!!!!!!

12280.gif Holy Elemental Scroll - Endows your armor with Holy level 1.

12279.gif Undead Elemental Scroll - +25% resistance to Fire, Water, Earth, and Wind.

12095.gif Hwergelmir's Tonic - +10 DEX. Either the normal version or from WPS. WPS is easier to get actually. Since only Lady Tanee drops the normal version, and it's more expensive to make these than just buy the WPS version.

12090.gif Steamed Desert Scorpions - +10 AGI.

12080.gif Dragon Breath Cocktail - +10 INT. Just for cast time in general.

12255.gif Stew of Immortality - +10 VIT. So as to be not so squishy.

605.gif Anodyne - Grants Endure effect.

12119.gif Resists Potions - +20 Resistance from the corresponding element, -15% resistance from the element it's weak against. At least have every elemental resist potion in your inventory.

12020.gif Cursed Water - Endows weapon with Shadow property.

526.gif Royal Jelly - Heals HP/SP, cures almost all statuses. I'm addicted to this shit.

Those are the items I usually being in my inventory.

Other optional items are:

12433.gif Drosera Herb Stew - +20 AGI

12432.gif Siroma Iced Tea - +20 DEX

12431.gif Minor Brisket - +20 VIT

12430.gif Warg Blood Cocktail - +20 INT. If you really wanna get instant cast. But it's a waste really. When Hawkeye procs, you'll have instant cast anyways.

12030.gif Box of Resentment - +20 ATK

12029.gif Box of Gloom - Casts level 1 Improve Concentration for additional DEX and AGI

12028.gif Box of Thunder - Increases movement speed.

682.gif Distilled Fighting Spirit - +30 ATK. Doesn't stack with other +ATK consumables.

12646.gif Takoyaki - +20 ATK/MATK, +10 LUK. Doesn't stack with +10 LUK food for some reason. This will just override your +10 LUK food, so instead of having +10 LUK for 30 minutes, you'll get only 10 minutes.

606.gif Aloevera - Casts provoke level 1 on yourself.

607.gif Yggdrasil Berry - Fully restores HP/SP. Has a 3 minute cool down here in Limit, so use wisely.

12405.gif Yggdrasil Seed - Heals 50% of HP/SP. Also has a long ass cool down.

12272.gif Military Ration B - +33 HIT

This my SC currently.

Stats.jpg.de9a061684d373174eb4f7013e453e33.jpg

I'll post some videos when I record stuff. Idk what to record tho. Maybe some instances runs.

I went with an ET run the other day.

My bow was only +14 before.

I'm happy to say that with my set up, you'll be doing 50K+ damage per hit of Triangle Shot on MVPs. That's 150K+ damage every .5 seconds. And on MVPs that have really beefy defense (like Ifrit and Valk), I did 70K each hit (200k+ total damage). I'm now curious what my damage would be if I have full buffs and full consumables (and if only I have a +16 Old Shadow Crown /rice).

VIDEOS

Awakened Ferre

Valkyrie

Fenris Fenrir

(More videos to come. Lel, whenever I can make it tho, and whenever I can find a willing AB slave.)

I'm gonna say this again. This is more of a fun character to play. You can out-DPS mid-tier Rangers and Genetics out there, but it's gonna be hard to beat end-game geared Rangers. Unless you have +16 of everything.

So there you guys go. That's the gist of building a bow SC. Hope you have fun spending your money on a niche build!

8 people like this

Heroic armor [1] for GX gives 10%inc dmg triangle shot  

7 hours ago, Titans said:

Heroic armor [1] for GX gives 10%inc dmg triangle shot  

It's already there ser

8 hours ago, Caphleo said:

15097.gif Heroic Hidden Cloth [1] - Max HP/SP +5%, Increases Triangle Shot damage by 10%, and a chance to increase ATK and MATK by 10% with every physical attack. For me, this is like the second best armor you can wear. They're hard to find tho, and expensive AF.

Update:

Posted a video of my SC vs Awakened Ferre in Nightmarish Jitterbug Instance.

I'm still debating on whether to get a Heroic Hidden Cloth.

Once the jro accessory for SC arrives, the damage and viability of PvM SC would be better. Though you need to learn Masquerade skills for it.

4 minutes ago, Akin said:

Once the jro accessory for SC arrives, the damage and viability of PvM SC would be better. Though you need to learn Masquerade skills for it.

The acce that lets you use skills depending on the type of masq you learned?

Yos.

Link to the Acce?

Pretty sure PVM SCs will have at least level 1 of all Masq skills anyways, since they're pre-req for Maelstrom.

28492.png.3372fb21a9dbc55a5d6bd730e60ea978.png

Thief's Guide Vol. 1 [1] 

A written guide full of various techniques for thieves. It's contents are not recommended for the general public.
_
Type: Equipment
Class: Accessory
Weight: 10
Required Level: 100
Required Jobs: All Jobs
_
Str + 5
Agi + 5
Int + 5
If Masquerade-Enervation is at maximum level,
Enables Level 5 Wind Walker.
If Masquerade-Groomy is at maximum level,
Enables Level 5 Assumptio.
If Masquerade-Ignorance is at maximum level,
Enables Level 5 Maximum Power Thrust.
If Masquerade-Laziness is at maximum level,
Enables Level 5 Meteor Assault.
If Scribble is at maximum level,
Additional Str + 5
Additional Agi + 5
Additional Int + 5
If Masquerade-Unlucky is at maximum level,
Enables Level 5 Mystical Amplification.
If Masquerade-Weakness is at maximum level,
Enables Level 1 Frenzy.

http://www.divine-pride.net/database/item/28492/jRO

Edited by Akin
Better description
1 person likes this

Hmmm, not really for Bow SC. But that Assumptio would be awesome. Lol, I wish the acce let you cast Improve Concentration.

Well with a slight risk of breaking your weapon, you could use maximum over thrust.

1 hour ago, Akin said:

Well with a slight risk of breaking your weapon, you could use maximum over thrust.

/rice ... Hmmm. I think substituting one WK Card on your bow and replacing it with a Golem Card is a decent trade off. Since you're basically doubling your ATK. Or, to the richer players out there, a VR Card.

6 minutes ago, teluoborg said:

Or a zipper bear for cheaper than a VR 1f43b.png 

The unbreakable effect of Zipper is only applied when worn by Merchant Classes.

Hawk when procced out dpses whatever Applause would offer. 

The general combo for you would be SR-Hawk-Feint Bomb.

Feint bomb scales off more dex you have. So with 200+ Dex it does a crap ton of damage. Let me link something for you.

Feint bomb and SR is like the most basic AoE clear available. Triangle shot seems iffy to use since its a single target skill. 

But good work regardless.

16 minutes ago, Amogh said:

Hawk when procced out dpses whatever Applause would offer. 

The general combo for you would be SR-Hawk-Feint Bomb.

Feint bomb scales off more dex you have. So with 200+ Dex it does a crap ton of damage. Let me link something for you.

Feint bomb and SR is like the most basic AoE clear available. Triangle shot seems iffy to use since its a single target skill. 

But good work regardless.

But that's for general leveling or mob clearing tho. What I was going for is more of 1vs1 where most MVPs in instances are focused on.

And yea, I do like 40k Feint Bomb damage normally. Haven't tested when Hawk procs since Feint Bomb is still bugged here. The mirage appears where you land when you have insta cast.

Just saw you doing 240k on the Valk. Pretty decent. Seems like so much work though. Atleast to me RC GX seems simpler and higher deeps.

Again good work on the guide.

Update: Added video of Fenrir fight in Geffen Magic Tournament.

PS: Anyone selling Heroic Hidden Cloth?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor