Skillhunter

The Vending Harbor need's an overhaul!

Hey together Limitians,

today I would like to address a topic which is simply annoying, the Vending Harbor. The only official turnaround for items of all kind by players for players is absolutely the worst thing I have seen in a MMO so far.

From the bit of space, which is really often not enough are 70-80% of all shops absolute crappy garbage shops.

• Players open the shops and sell only one item in it. But they have 15 accounts at the same time on the vending harbor.

• Players who block the place meaninglessly with a shop because they may sometime want to sell something, which is often never the case and the shop then stands there until the next server maintenance.

• Players who steal one with the intention of the place by glitching at the position of your character and then quickly make the above mentioned.

I want to say ... clears up times and ensures that you get quality sellers and no click bait stores with garbage in the offer.

I know you can not determine what a player should sell and what not. You could try it with a time limit of 2 days per shop to ensure a rotation of the offer. You could also set a minimum number of items to avoid shops selling only one item at the same time.

What do you think? Since you have an opinion or do you think differently?

Greetings, Skillhunter :)

• Like 5

1. Disable all skill usage except Vending Skill.
  2. Regularly checkf or shops with fake names?
  3. Expand more lanes.

1 hour ago, Lai said:
  1. Disable all skill usage except Vending Skill.
  2. Regularly checkf or shops with fake names?
  3. Expand more lanes.

Yeah... something like that would be awesome. This would be a chance to increase the amount of quality shops on the vending harbour and would be also another opportunity for beginners to sell their stuff asap with a quick generated day 'n' night shop.

It would be also an positive effect, if the selling shops getting an cap for earnable money to keep the shop rotation running and also to avoid troll prices for meaningless items.

This and an additional timelimit for shops would be the best opportunity to force the vendors to insert more balanced prices and quality loot.

58 minutes ago, Skillhunter said:

Yeah... something like that would be awesome. This would be a chance to increase the amount of quality shops on the vending harbour and would be also another opportunity for beginners to sell their stuff asap with a quick generated day 'n' night shop.

It would be also an positive effect, if the selling shops getting an cap for earnable money to keep the shop rotation running and also to avoid troll prices for meaningless items.

This and an additional timelimit for shops would be the best opportunity to force the vendors to insert more balanced prices and quality loot.

I'm negative on the zeny cap thing. Since there are other players who sell high-end items.

Here's my suggestion (this also addresses the plan to add more lanes on the harbor):

Add another map totally. We can have a new currency on that map. Like the Limit Coins, let's call it VH Coins for now.

We can have an NPC on the harbor entrance that exchanges zeny for VH Coins. Let's say 1 VH Coins is 10M Zeny.

This new map can host the vendors who are selling high-end equipment. Since most of the over upped equipment you see on VH anyways are all divisible by 10m.

Also, about like more than a year ago, the timelimit for VH was just 24 hours. It turned into a week, then finally we have the 3 day limit we have now. I think that's a happy medium. The biggest problem we have, as you've mentioned, are just the troll sellers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Caphleo said:

I'm negative on the zeny cap thing. Since there are other players who sell high-end items.

Here's my suggestion (this also addresses the plan to add more lanes on the harbor):

Add another map totally. We can have a new currency on that map. Like the Limit Coins, let's call it VH Coins for now.

We can have an NPC on the harbor entrance that exchanges zeny for VH Coins. Let's say 1 VH Coins is 10M Zeny.

This new map can host the vendors who are selling high-end equipment. Since most of the over upped equipment you see on VH anyways are all divisible by 10m.

Also, about like more than a year ago, the timelimit for VH was just 24 hours. It turned into a week, then finally we have the 3 day limit we have now. I think that's a happy medium. The biggest problem we have, as you've mentioned, are just the troll sellers.

I like your idea with a second vending place for high end gears. :)

It would also be much more comfortable to check what is offered there and what is wrong there if it does not fulfill the requirements.

• Like 1

Hi guys, lets not complicate stuff.

Just make it simple.

• Not enough spots, we solve it, more spots.
  • Fake vendors or abusive, we need patrols.
  • People stealing spots by using skils etc, we just disable skills.

What other issue are there?

7 hours ago, Lai said:

Hi guys, lets not complicate stuff.

Just make it simple.

• Not enough spots, we solve it, more spots.
  • Fake vendors or abusive, we need patrols.
  • People stealing spots by using skils etc, we just disable skills.

What other issue are there?

I really kont know if they are useing skills... they are somehow able to walk at the same position of your own charakter sprite. Is this possible by useing some skills?

But what ever...  If you need help for it, I offer my help very much, i also wanted to ask for a helping position since a long time ago. :)

4 hours ago, Skillhunter said:

I really kont know if they are useing skills... they are somehow able to walk at the same position of your own charakter sprite. Is this possible by useing some skills?

It's a technique. lol. You can walk into the same cell as a person. It's not really a skill, so there's no helping it if someone stole the spot. What you can do is to just open vending shop with an alt client while you're still setting up your main shop, that way no one can steal the shop.

@Caphleo why don't you explain how that technic works? 

The tecnic is skill related, right? :) 

withot curtain skills that tecnic won't be useable right?

45 minutes ago, Lai said:

@Caphleo why don't you explain how that technic works? 

The tecnic is skill related, right? :) 

withot curtain skills that tecnic won't be useable right?

It's not a skill.

You just zoom out as much as you can. Your screen will be much bigger than what the game can register, so you'll only see the map close to the edges, and the characters and npcs will disappear. You memorize the exact cell the character is standing, walk away until the character disappears on your screen, then click on that cell. Your client will register the action and since your client doesn't see anyone standing there, you character will walk towards the cell and stop on it, even if there's already someone standing on it, be it npc of another player.

This is why I suggested to open a temporary shop to OP while he's still configuring his shop, so no one can steal it. Do the same technique to your temporary shop.

Is it possible to make it so that they can't zoom that far then? Like Just like how in IS instance where if you accidentally zoom in, you have your camera changed, lol.. so damn annoying. 

As for the clickbait shops.. 

What if they had a shop that says.. ex:

• "VIP Coins" - 2 VIP Coins there + other stuffs. 
  • 2 VIP Coins sold and left with other stuffs
  • Someone else see the shop but the VIP Coin are gone but shop stills says "VIP Coins"
  • So would they accidentally fall into fake shop name?

We wouldn't know if they really had the item or someone just bought off the items already. Wouldn't want people to have their shop removed or get in trouble from a misunderstanding since I've seen shops like those.

But if its a shop with 1 flywing that says 99999999999, yes those are annoying.