Sign in to follow this  
kierlow

Royal Guard guide(BP and CS type)

Hi guys, I think the forum lacks guides for RG class, and i wonder why there are only a few of us :(

So for all those who asks in game, this is how i attain my current state :)

Items that you will see here are results of 2 months heavy farming and buy>refine>sell method,the costumes are from 1k Cp secret event :D

Test damage included in last part :)

(IDK why random pictures are posted elsewhere, first time making guide sorry)

Essential Skills:

@Swordsman : screenLimitRO023.jpg

@Crusdaer & Paladin :

screenLimitRO024.jpg

@Royal Guard :

screenLimitRO025.jpg

Equips :

Note : Nothing beats the Imperial Combo for RG and the WK+KK card combo for tankyness and damage.

screenLimitRO058.jpg

*Old Guardian Crown[1] w/ Dark Ping card- best headgear to boost cannon spear

• All Stats + 1, MDEF + 5
  • Each refine adds ATK + 4.
  • Each 2 refines adds MaxHP + 1%, MaxSP + 1%.
  • Each 2 refines increases 20% damage with [Cannon Spear].
  • Each 2 refines increases 5% damage with [Overbrand]
  • Each 5 refines adds ASPD + 1

*Imperial Feather

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=re_item_db&item_id=18823

*Heroic Plate

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?iname=heroic+plate&page=re_item_db&quick=1&isearch=Search

*Imperial Spear & Guard (WK+KK cards) - enchant the spear w/ EA

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?iname=imperial+spear&page=re_item_db&quick=1&isearch=Search

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=re_item_db&item_id=2153

*Temporal DEX boots[1] w/ EA and Bear enchant - for maximizing range damage and boosting hit against thief and monk class(BG/PVP purpose)

*Temporal STR boots[1]w/ EA and Bear - for maximizing raw power /rice BIG THANKS @Kosovo & @Buru

*+7~9 FAW w/ EA enchant and Menblatt card - same reason as Temp DEX boots.

*+7~9 FAW w/ EA enchant and Wakwak card - same reason as STR boots.

2x Pendand of Maelstrom[1] w/ Golden Scaraba Card - maximizing general output damage

*Father's White Mustache - +20 atk cause i dont like the -%hp for spiked scarf even if it gives +30 atk

*Shadow Rg weap and shield (from BG)screenLimitRO030.jpgscreenLimitRO031.jpg

screenLimitRO059.jpg

Stats ( Credits to the one who teached me /no1 )

Damage Test (ALL WITH SHIELD SPELL LVL 1 and Magnum Break)

DEX boots (take note of the stats)

*No converters

screenLimitRO037.jpg

screenLimitRO044.jpg

STR boots(take note of the stats)

*Dex is fine at 100 

screenLimitRO078.jpg

str  boots.jpg

str boots3.jpg

With Converter

DEX boots(dex stats as seen above)

screenLimitRO053.jpg

screenLimitRO056.jpg

STR boots(str stats as seen above)

str boots2.jpg

str boots 4.jpg

INSPIRATION SKILL(STR SET UP)

(bec of many request in game ok here it is,before you try this build, i asure you, your skill tree is doomed)

w/out converters

bp with no converter.jpg

cannon spear no converter.jpg

W/ converters

bp with converter.jpg

cannon spear with converter.jpg

CONVERTERS ARE IMPORTANT, ITS LIKE ELEMENTAL ARROWS FOR RANGERS!

With this build you can solo almost all MVP's including the annoying ifrit.

For the one who taught me you know who you are, i cant name you cause maybe you want privacy.

BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG THANKYOu!!!

for all the questions that you have you can pm me in game by this name "jkierlowz"

Ofcourse there is always someone better /no1

• Like 9

To solo those instances would be so awesome. /ok

Great guide btw. Its simple, clean and easy to understand. Congrats. 

Do add some video of your RG in action and share/link it here. ( I'll be looking forward to it)

• Like 1

As a former BP/OB RG player(both pvp and pve), wouldnt it be better to use STR boots instead? Stacking so much %ranged damage isnt that good.

Idk maybe its me I havent really tested the diff since I stopped playing this class all-together.

Also you should add Shield Spell lvl1, attack buff from your shield's base defence. Best is still Shelter of resistance(140) or w/e its called following Rosa Shield(130).

-Kyou(forgot my pass and email used)

• Like 1

STR boots will give you less hit, specially in pvp, so i chose dex for more hit and it complements range damage, more flexibility and range damage is a must because BP and CS are both range, STR boots will complement best at your BP/OB build but this is a different build mister /rice . Using any different shield will waste the combo of IMPERIAL set(imperial feather/spear/shield)try looking at each of the script so you can see the combo list specially the feather, really bad to break this combo(lmo). For inspiration.It takes too much skill points, i want the balance of tankness and damage. if you can share more or ask more much appreciated, thankyoouuu /no1

screenLimitRO063.jpg

11 hours ago, Yuuki said:

You should challenge those instance...

Temple of Demon God ( need lots of pre-quest ) and Horror Toy Factory ( no need quest ).

I will try soon sir but idk wat will happen haha ill study the instance then give it a try, Thankyou /ok

9 hours ago, Zohan said:

To solo those instances would be so awesome. /ok

Great guide btw. Its simple, clean and easy to understand. Congrats. 

Do add some video of your RG in action and share/link it here. ( I'll be looking forward to it)

sure sir ill do my best to hunt the MVP's again while hoping i dont see the tombs /heh and thankyooouu! /thx 

48 minutes ago, rosecondacc said:

Cast shield spell lvl1 with giant shield to get 130 atk then switch to imp shield, bonus atk still remain. 

good idea but for me im comfortable with this, +10atk more is ok for me to miss as long as im comfortable. In normal runs maybe ill try switching like u said but in solo mvp i think not.. cause when im switching to get the annoying randomness of shield spell mobs and MVP are pounding me to dust, defense turns so low because the KK card is in my imp shield, ill be turned to dust or consume more slim pots that i should have saved. ty for a good info, noted /no1   

I doubt RG can solo HTF coz almost all of its skill has cooldown (2sec +) if not it has skill delay. TODG maybe, but that will take long.

For HG, EoE Force3 is way better in general (+4str +12atk -4int) since you don't need int that much, its a plus. It also helps your CS damage coz its damage is base on str aside from the fact that you get status atk and weapon atk bonus per point of str.

Footgear, I agree on what @Kosovo said, Temporal STR bootsEA(Bear) is better than DEX boots for obvious reasons: 1) you already put high str for CS build  2) -0.5s FCT will not be of much use since CS and BP don't have cast time. You really don't need to put dex as high as 120 just for hit. Putting stats over 100+ is very costly. On my builds I ony have 110 dex total and I got no problem hitting all jobs. Also WOE/BG mechanics has -20% flee redux and -50% skill damage redux (correct me if I'm wrong in regard to BG, I always think that BG uses same mechanics as WOE as per irowiki says)

For BP Build, you don't need to have 193aspd since the server has a 0.2sec fix skill delay for all skills, which means you can only do 5 BP/second max. That is equivalent to 190 aspd, assuming you have good ping and no lag. 188-190aspd will do it and feel free to use your saved stat points to whereever it's needed.

Yes, shield spell 1 gives bonus atk based on the shield base def, so use a shield with the highest def value then swap to your preferred shield after you get the buff.

Overall, Good job for this guide :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Pikotaro said:

^slowhands. jk. nice guide bro! 

lol pikotaro hahaha sorryXD

11 hours ago, Buru said:

I doubt RG can solo HTF coz almost all of its skill has cooldown (2sec +) if not it has skill delay. TODG maybe, but that will take long.

For HG, EoE Force3 is way better in general (+4str +12atk -4int) since you don't need int that much, its a plus. It also helps your CS damage coz its damage is base on str aside from the fact that you get status atk and weapon atk bonus per point of str.

Footgear, I agree on what @Kosovo said, Temporal STR bootsEA(Bear) is better than DEX boots for obvious reasons: 1) you already put high str for CS build  2) -0.5s FCT will not be of much use since CS and BP don't have cast time. You really don't need to put dex as high as 120 just for hit. Putting stats over 100+ is very costly. On my builds I ony have 110 dex total and I got no problem hitting all jobs. Also WOE/BG mechanics has -20% flee redux and -50% skill damage redux (correct me if I'm wrong in regard to BG, I always think that BG uses same mechanics as WOE as per irowiki says)

For BP Build, you don't need to have 193aspd since the server has a 0.2sec fix skill delay for all skills, which means you can only do 5 BP/second max. That is equivalent to 190 aspd, assuming you have good ping and no lag. 188-190aspd will do it and feel free to use your saved stat points to whereever it's needed.

Yes, shield spell 1 gives bonus atk based on the shield base def, so use a shield with the highest def value then swap to your preferred shield after you get the buff.

Overall, Good job for this guide :)

okie buru ill try to use the STR boots and use wakwak card to complement it and see the results. BTW havent taught of EOE FORCE 3 thank you so much for dat info! big help. sorry for a poor guide just played RO. thankyou so muuuuch, ill post the results for the boots and stat switching! /lv/thx

31 minutes ago, xDropDead said:

is it okay to use Hunting Spear with this build sir?

For maximizing BP damage, Imperial Spear would be the better option. But HS is a decent alternative. A crimson spear is great too I guess. But it's all hypothetical on my part since I'm not really an RG enthusiast. /heh

• Like 1

On 1/7/2017 at 8:44 AM, xDropDead said:

is it okay to use Hunting Spear with this build sir?

As @Akinsaid imperial spear is best because of the trinity combo of the imperial feather,if u want an alternative spear, elemental spears like long horn or the good spear BROCCA ignores def and gives 25% more damage to neutral, make sure to enchant it.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this