Sign in to follow this  
Lai

LimitRO 17.1? Or stay 16.2?

Do you want more future content? Like 17.1  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want more future content?

• Yes, asap.
    • Yes, but much slower.
    • No, but we can add custom content less RNG.
    • No, we are fine, events and minor content is enough.

Hi.

I have noticed some servers have released 17.1 and I have been working on it for awhile now.

One thing I noticed is that, this episode makes everything everyone worked hard for kinda useless....

I have been thru this several times in the past, when we released new episodes, all old gears are useless.

The reason I'm making this is, I want more voices to make sure that we are ready for this or not.

Pro

• New Items
  • New Cards
  • New Monsters

Cons

• All your old items kinda useless 
  • All your build remake
  • You have to focus again grinding and RNG again to make new stuff

I really think personally, that we do not need 17.1 or futher official content to LimitRO.

I feel that this is like a "race" between few servers, of who adds most new content, who will win.... 

Instead of thinking of what community want, focus more on player interactions, PvP, WoE or BG.

I remember long time ago, when we said we will stop adding new content....then it was great, but eventually people started to suggest again new content... and others must catch up again and again....

Always rich vs poor, new vs old...

We need some kind of stop or at least a way to prolong this.

Let LimitRO forever stay at 16.2, perhaps?

And we can expand our own content such as Limitless Island, of selective gears and gears that community wants.

After all, we are a private server.

Let me know what you think.

I am curious about what happens next episode, but as it is, even if we delay a bit more for the release, seems fine by me. No rush, as long as we get there eventually.

Basically, the story is same as the current one.

There are no major changes in the plot, except that you get deeper in to the Rebellion's (hideout)

You find new dungeon and instances...

If we strip of all "gears" and add only "the story line", that could also work.

But, what I mean is....

16.1 and 16.2 is super hard to achieve, and we have now few our of all, who finally reached the full content of 16.2....and then if I drop this.. this means that they have to do everything again....

I know why official servers does this kind of thing, to make people keep playing etc and keep buy cash items refines etc...

Imagine, you refined your 16.1 and 16.2 gears to +16 and then it was just not long ago, and then, you realized everything is useless the day after ...

It happened too many times in the past... just like the jump from episode 14 to episode 15, everyone raged back then...

Then we jumped from 15 to 16, many were unhappy as well...

and now, 16 to 17....

I learned my lesson, let's ask if people really want to throw away their current TOP gears or not....

What i meant by this topic is, I want to stop the "gear progression". At least not like this kind of updates where you basically have to throw every away.

Maybe a better way to "gear progress", much slower or very few at time.

I am of two minds.

On one, I do love new content. It can be fun and add neat things.  (Then again I admit I am someone who spends most of my time just trying to get cute costumes and pets! XD)

On the other, it would be very sad if overnight all the gear people paid a lot of time and energy and money into are now worthless and useless.  It ends up making it feel like it is always a grind and a race that only benefits really hardcore players.

I'd love to see more of the story, but maybe instead of the new gear there is rewards that help people improve their current gears more? Like more refine stuff.  It may help offset the feeling of only the rich and old can break into getting good gear.

Wow ty gm for trying to understand what players will feel

but in the end i think this is just how game is

tbh i feel very unhappy when i saw about the tiger king hat [1] having just gotten my +16 white tiger king hat 

but now im keeping it and feel still strong haha and less pressure to rush to get new equips, just taking my time slowly busy irl too

im of opinion to slowly put new content and also unnerf equips like temporal manteau and fafnir

i hope to hear more from other players before voting

New content are exciting and make people look forward to farming new stuff. Old toys after playing for a long time get boring especially if there is no change. The reason why servers got into the competition of getting new content was because it made old player who already reached max gear a reason to stay and farm further. If we wait for players in mid tier to reach high tier some new players would have reached mid tier by then and the cycle will continue untill you stop new registration.

Progression is a must else you lose many players after a while. 

But, i like to keep the progression slow and steady. We just had a new big update (green mvp), and new items to craft. I would think some items are not even crafted yet. So delaying the update is ok. 

Also, Idk about others but most of the people i know doesnt have much time to grind and make new sets/builds

The Pro of 17.1 is what new players can easy and cheap get strong gear, and no need to +16 +18 +20 it... just +9 is great

And its update not make you old gear useless, you old staff still strong and be with you... But if you want more power => need do something

• Like 1

If it involves more Rebellion story, that just makes me want it even more, haha. But I still stand with the slower progression option.

Server need's new content  to keep player's busy.

There's alway's must be something to work on otherwise player's will get bored and quit.

That's how RO and most MMO work's.

New episodes allowes new player's to skip most of the old content so it shouldn't be problem for them.

So I voted second option.

Even if the new Episode hits home bringing meta changing updates. IMO, some old reliable(gears) are still reliable.

Player with autism to minmax asap are only ones heavily affected.

I'm also fine with taking it slow, even w/o a new big update, making some original seasonal events like the past Easter one should suffice for the meantime outside daily dungeon rotations.

• Like 2

To be honest, the new update couldn't possible be worse than Renewal was when it came and destroyed the best stat system to date in any kind of MMORPG and as a bonus it destroyed how enemies worked too with their level system and exp is only rewarding if you're within the level reqs. Can't really level normally anymore but have to rely on the hunt quests with 30 mobs.  Still mad about it 9 years later to be honest.

So I'm all for new content. Hopefully it won't rely on Über gears in order to do it. I'd specially love it if the new Mechanic armor is in the game that makes you look like Ironman.

If you decided not to fully update to 17.1, would you at least consider updating the new super novice extended skill tree and their HP/SP table please?
Because I once requested that to get updated along with the other expanded class, and you said it requires the 17.1 client.

It would be a bummer if it doesn't get updated,  because i have been preparing my SN's build specifically for that update :(
Looking forward to at least be a little bit more viable class, Thanks.

Bug free updates are more important than waiting for people to get +16 gears. Reaching +20 is not a dream for every player. As long as updates will come in even if slowed but bug free that what I assume people want.

18 minutes ago, Hades said:

Bug free updates are more important than waiting for people to get +16 gears. Reaching +20 is not a dream for every player. As long as updates will come in even if slowed but bug free that what I assume people want.

Knowing the % values on how often gear breaks when you upgrade them, getting things to 20+ is only really for cash shop players. Even after 10+ it's basically for cash shop players.

Just getting one thing to 10+ the normal way takes so much Oridecons and gears. But to make them to 20+ you need a larger amount of gears that are at 10+ because the success rate is below 20% on the starting level at 11+ for even rank 1 weapons. Rank 4 weapons are at 8% at start and goes down to 5%.

It's honestly ridiculous.

1) For the most people on the server any gear above +20 either impossible or impractical. You can make full +16 builds in the same time/cost it takes to achieve one +20. It is not on us, but on how refining is implemented on Limit, making stuff above +16 a hobby for those who are lucky and those who are extremely rich.

2) Gear progression always was and will be a thing. If you try to stall it, you will lead to people being content, but at the same time to stagnation.

3) Correct me if I am wrong, but I will talk from my personal experience and experience of many other players. When I first joined, I joined because LimitRO was close to current episodes and it was more stable  than many other servers. By stalling the updates, worried about parts of the community too upset they'll need to get things again, you WILL fall behind.

Voted for release ASAP (after proper testing)

• Like 3

And yes " Slowing down updates, to let more newbies to catch up :) " now work against newbies. I say that as newbie on this server(less than month here). Coz instead of making new gear as newbie i forced to wait or making gear what will be used after 17.1

1 hour ago, Theodosia said:

1) For the most people on the server any gear above +20 either impossible or impractical. You can make full +16 builds in the same time/cost it takes to achieve one +20. It is not on us, but on how refining is implemented on Limit, making stuff above +16 a hobby for those who are lucky and those who are extremely rich.

2) Gear progression always was and will be a thing. If you try to stall it, you will lead to people being content, but at the same time to stagnation.

3) Correct me if I am wrong, but I will talk from my personal experience and experience of many other players. When I first joined, I joined because LimitRO was close to current episodes and it was more stable  than many other servers. By stalling the updates, worried about parts of the community too upset they'll need to get things again, you WILL fall behind.

Voted for release ASAP (after proper testing)

I wouldn't blame Limit for the upgrade issue, it's Gravity that added the base % values that Limit follows. Gravity needed to give people a reason to buy cash shop items so that is why Ragnarok Online has ridiculous values.

But even I might buy some cash shop items if the damage boost is good enough. Hard to say with the current stat system from Renewal.

PS. Gear progression is not other updates.

• Events = OK
  • Skill improvements = OK
  • Quest and Dungeons = OK (no drop new gear)
  • Feature = OK
  • Item improvements = OK 
  • Bug Fixes = OK
  • PvP, WoE and BG = BIG OK

Gear progression means, today your FaW is the best, tomorrow Temporal Mant will make your FaW a garbage.
THIS IS what we want to SLOW DOWN!

If we can get 17.1 for holidays i'd believe it is great. nobody got FAW +16, it was useless to get it beyond +9. The new updates bring my gene a wep and maybe an armor.
I'll probalby keep my wep to hunt down demi-human and the armor, well, I dont know yet. But it's not like I'll be able to get everything the day of the patch.

I dont see the big deal here, this patch is pretty much like any others. I wont toss my applause, neither my midas or my shield and probably not my GW. And even if I do, someone will profit of it, at a lower cost. And new content is fun to play. I have both SW, i dont need to TODG again, what will replace it? Old players needs treats too.

On the other hand - new items means a regain in economy and probably an incentive to get new players.
I call this a WIN WIN.

In between, unlike any other servers, we dont have refining event, or double drops. I noticed before there was like, extedend skill tree. DT on TODG maybe. Other builds gear progression...

I dont expect LimitRO to always innovate and all. But progression is always fun. And I trust you to bring it when you believe the time is great.

• Like 4

On 9/17/2019 at 2:53 PM, Lai said:

PS. Gear progression is not other updates.

• Events = OK
  • Skill improvements = OK
  • Quest and Dungeons = OK (no drop new gear)
  • Feature = OK
  • Item improvements = OK 
  • Bug Fixes = OK
  • PvP, WoE and BG = BIG OK

Gear progression means, today your FaW is the best, tomorrow Temporal Mant will make your FaW a garbage.
THIS IS what we want to SLOW DOWN!

@Lai If you're slowing gear progession say by 1 year, won't FAW still be useless after 1 year. The temporal many will still make FAW garbage after 1 year. So, how is it beneficial? Are you sure after 1 year LRO won't have any new players that will still be progressing with their gears? Won't the few people who cry now be replaced by some other few who will cry then? 

On my own opinion its better to implement it. why? Because there's are some class that needs improvement with gears . The Gravity made it because they don't want you to content with one build instead they would like you to test other builds too. That's the reason why they add switching gears features. Mostly those new gears in Ep. 17.1 will improves other skills like Sonic Wave, Spore Explosion, Fatal Menace,Fallen Empire,Aimed Bolt, Metallic Sound, Cart Tornado and many more. 

• Like 2