Sign in to follow this  
Karyu

Change Maintenance Schedule and updates

• What is this?
    • Change maintenance schedule. Every week maintenance for bug fixes. Then updates and new features should be added every other week.
  • Why do we have to add it?
    • I suggest returning the maintenance schedule to every week so bug fixes will be implemented sooner.

Making players wait for 2 weeks just to fix a bug they encountered right after a maintenance makes others bored. 

And i suggest that we keep the implementation of new updates and features every other maintenance.
  • Who will benefit this?
    • Everybody
  • Will this change the system drastic?
    • No.
  • Room for improvement?
    • Maybe.

1 hour ago, Lai said:

1f616.png

I'm a human too...

For the other 9yrs youre not human lai?  Hahaha we use to have it weekly!  😂

Anyways +1 to Karyu and to Lai!  His priorities change already hahaha bec of GM Wendy 

4 hours ago, Lai said:

1f616.png

I'm a human too...

we all are 😆

i'm not suggesting to fix all bugs ASAP every week. i suggest that you can keep the pace of fixing those bugs as it is, just do a weekly soft maintenance to implement the fixes you have done on that week and only those fixes only w/o including those planned implementation of items and other features. then just add those planned new item/features every other maintenance(w/c is every other week).

i understand about having high priority to your family gm especially GM Wendy is soon to be born. But as the server goes, i think weekly maintenance to implement bug fixes will help on reducing your to-fix list and perhaps prevent on missing things to be fixed or to be implemented. Take the" increasing of honor token update" as an example, iirc it was supposed to be implemented a month ago but it has been forgotten because there are lots of bug report popping out and new features that has been added.

And besides, it's open to all that limit is not only a game but also one of your source of income. it may not be a top priority as a business but it's still a business for you. as a business, you should also give some time to it to keep it stable and running coz you also get some income from it. ^^

if a weekly maintenance is too tiring, you can also hire someone? or close one to do the maintenance every week like GM Inkfish or Yuuki?if thats possible ofc.

Don't forget that the 2-week schedule change was brought because 1 week wasn't enough for those dev to fix the bugs and test thoroughly.

You said: "to fix a bug they encountered right after a maintenance "

This is not due to the schedule but due to the tests and the bug fix rush. Better keep it at 2 weeks or you'll pile up bugs again.

hmm, im not sure about that. i kinda feel that weekly maintenance should be back. but if the dev can't keep up the pace well i guess we really have no choice. and i think the bug reports is really piling up because of 2 weeks of waiting for another maintenance. if it was only every week, finished fix will be implemented quickly, shortening the bug list more quickly. prevent for other things to be left out because it got forgotten.  🙄

well, like i always say, "learn to adapt". i just suggesting for the sake of the server. 😕

"if it was only every week, finished fix will be implemented quickly, shortening the bug list more quickly"

Well that sure is a good thing, Alice, but now get out of Wonderland. Experience-wise, I saw what the 1-week maintenances did here:

1. Bugs piled up because they weren't really fixed and/or created new bugs
  2. Tests were rushed and some things were not even tested, making a bug fix incomplete
  3. Unexpected behavior on non-bugged features or items (collateral damage or bug fix or new features implementation).
  4. etc.

Sure bugs will be piling up during 2 weeks. But as things are, it's still better than rushed tests, bugged fixes and all.

I'm not against going back to 1 week for bug fixes and things like that, but you can't right now imo.

Surely you remember the catastrophic period when there were issues during each MT, meaning each Monday...

Not that there are no issues now during MT, but less than before.

Tbh, look at our bug reports....

It's all green.... 

1 hour ago, Lai said:

Tbh, look at our bug reports....

It's all green.... 

yep, but we need to wait 2 weeks to implement those fixed bugs.

what i'm saying is if the bugs are already "green" and Monday comes,  it should be implemented ady.  if bugs are fixed i think it should be implemented weekly.

When it comes to implementation of new features, updates, or items, 2 week maintenance is good so there's a long period of time for these to be tested before implementing it.

That's not how it works.

For many bug fixes, needs server reboot :) 

And we use 1 git.

If we reboot server it will contain all changes, including features and bug fixes.

Which makes it the same as 1 week maintenance.

and the 1 week maintenance caused a lot of troubles than fixes.

Ever since it become 2 weeks, o m g. life changed ❤️ 

30 minutes ago, Lai said:

That's not how it works.

For many bug fixes, needs server reboot :) 

And we use 1 git.

If we reboot server it will contain all changes, including features and bug fixes.

Which makes it the same as 1 week maintenance.

and the 1 week maintenance caused a lot of troubles than fixes.

Ever since it become 2 weeks, o m g. life changed 2764.png 

i see. well it really does look like its gonna be lot of work and management if it goes back to weekly. okay i think i understand now why it's 2-weeks now.

i guess what we really need is more testers heh.