Updated as of Sept 18, 2018

Hi All,

DragonSlayerBoy here! Im from Looney Tunes and we love hunting! I often get questions on how to play MVP Genetic sooo here it is! :) 

Making this short guide for newbies to learn how to use Genetic- Cart Cannon type. In my opinion, currently genetic would be the best for PVM.   I'll keep this short because the best teacher is still practice and trying stuff out yourself. 

Table Contents:

1. Skill Guide 
  2. Suggested Items
  3. Suggested Stats
  4. Usable items

1) SKILL GUIDE (Sorry I don't know how to make those Skill Clickable- Maybe someone can help me hehe)

MUST HAVE SKILLS FOR PVM!!! 
A. Cart Cannon- Level 5- Your bread and butter skill. This is the reason why genetic is OP for PVM
B. Acid Demonstration- Level 10- A good to have skill. Makes genetic very versatile in PVM. Good for high HP Boss
C. Cart Boost- Level 5- Damn can you imagine a walking genetic? That would suck so bad so get this skill!
D. Crazy Weed- Level 10- Traps? No problem. CW destroy all land traps (Ankle Snare, LP, Bombs Pneuma) 
E. Full Chemical Protect- Level 5- Heard of MVP Stripping your items away? Well, use FCP. 
F. Call, Rest, Resurrect Homunculus.-  Basically for PVM Genetic what you need to get is the Deiter Evolution. This will allow you to use the skill "Pyroclastic". This skill adds huge damage!! *GETTING HOMUNCULUS IS A MUST!!!*

GOOD TO HAVE SKILLS
A. Axe Mastery- If you are using Dofle Axe [3] or other Axe type as your weapon.
B. Slimp Potion Pitcher- If you are going to use Sapphire Wrist [1] as your accessories. 
C. Thorn Trap- Good for trapping MVP, but if the boss could use teleport skill it will teleport. (Good for instance tho)
D. Demonic Fire- You need this for Fire Expansion *Needs Bottle Grenade* 
E. Fire Expansion- Get level 3, 4, and 5. Very good skill but for advance players. 
     Level 3- Decrease the damage you get from long range and melee. *Needs Smoke Powder*
     Level 4- Decrease accuracy of enemy. *Needs Tear Gas*
     Level 5- AoE version of Acid Demonstration *Needs Acid Bottle*
F. Loud Exclamation- Additional ATK. Minimal but hey, its free!  

2) SUGGESTED ITEMS

HEADGEAR
18977.pngOld Midas Whisper [1]- The only headgear you should get. Higher refine more damage. (Every 2 refine increase cart cannon damage by 15% /slur )
5933.pngCrow Tengu Mask- Combine with Tengu Scroll - best damage so far + life steal.  
19112.pngTengu Scroll- Combine with Crow Tengu Mask - best damage so far + life steal. 
2202.pngSunglasses [1] - Want more card for HG? Go with slotted mid 
18874.pngMonocle [1] - Want more card for HG? Go with slotted mid 
5325.pngRobo Eye - Cheapest mid that has use. 
18936.pngGolden Fish - +2 all stats. - If you are a stats freak why not!!
5462.pngSpiked Scarf
- +30 atk, -2% HP
4403.pngKiel-D-01 Card- MUST HAVE FOR GENE. You need this card to spam cart cannon. 
4556.pngFenrir Card- Want fast cast for AD? Use this. Have good increase for AD damage also. 
4529.pngViolent Coelacanth Card- Can give 1% atk per 2 refine. Can be used with high Midas but you need Kiel more /meh 

ARMOR
15146.pngRobe of Flattery [1]- +140 Matk and enchantable. If you have the money go with this. But you'll have to refine it to +13 to maximize the damage. 
15173.pngCursed Mail [1] - Good Mid-tier armor. Just need to +7 to get bonus. 
15096.pngHeroic Light Mail [1]- Good for stats build but needs high refine. 

card.gif Gloom Under Night CardIncrease damage inflicted on Holy Property, Shadow Property, Angel monster and Demon monster by 40%. (Most MVP are demon hehe)
card.gif Tao Gunka CardMaximum HP + 100%. DEF - 50, MDEF - 50. If you want to survive more use this. 
card.gif Ktullanux Card - Increases damage against Fire Property monsters by 50%. (Not really needed since very few MVP is fire property)
card.gif Realized Amdarais Card- ATK + 20%, MATK + 20%. Each 4 seconds lost 666 HP and 66 SP. Drain 6666 HP and 666 SP as the armor is unequipped. 
27126.pngBoitata Card- Increase damage inflicted on brute race, insect, wind property, and earth property by 40%. 
4638.pngWatcher Card- +30 ATK- The upgraded porcelio card haha! Good for newbies! Very Cheap! 

WEAPON
16051.pngValkyrie Hammer [4]- People's choice weapon mainly due to it being 4 slots. 
1321.pngDofle Axe [3]- Good due to Genetic having Axe Mastery. Downsize is due to it being Axe it has size penalty for medium size monster. (Make sure to get the 3 slots)
1377.pngHurricane Fury [1]- Good damage but you gonna lose shield :( Needs EA enchant. 
16041.pngMace of Vicious Mind [1]- Really good weapon if you have good enchant and high refine!!
16033.pngRobot's Arm [2]
On high refine, as tested, its not far off from VH with 3WK+TG + with Verus revamp it will become enchantable.
13413.pngTwin Edge of Naght Sieger(R) [3]- Sword Mastery must be learned. Can be enchanted with EA.  Downsize is you can't use it with adrenaline rush. 
1546.pngGlorious Morning Star- On high refine, good for bio hunting and other demi human.
card.gif Turtle General CardIncreases damage inflicted on all enemies by 20%. 
card.gif  Abyss Knight CardIncrease damage on Boss monster by 25%
card.gif  White Knight Card -ATK +15. Increase damage inflicted on medium and large size monsters by 20%. - I recommend this due to it being low cost!
4094.pngArcher Skeleton Card
- +10% Range damage. Very low cost for newbie. 
4633.pngPowerful Archer Skeleton Card
- The Steroid version of AS card. Give total of 12% range damage if level 100 above. 

SHIELD
28901.pngCursed Mad Bunny - The best shield!!! At +12 this shield allows you have uninterrupted cast and +5% atk and +20 atk. 
2115.pngValkyria's Shield [1] - Cheapest shield but very reliable due to good elemental redux. 
2168.pngImmune Shield [1]- Good redux! 
4636.pngBijou Card - ATK +10% and can't be frozen! (Switching)
4128.pngGolden Thiefbug Card-  Immune to all magic!!! (Switching)
4609.pngKhalitzburg Knight Card- Def +20, Reduce damage from M and L size monster by 25%. Combo card with White Knight Card. Recommended!!

GARMENT
20752.pngGolden Wings [1]-  Refine to at least +7 and get EA enchant. Currently the best garment you one can get. At +16 this gives a huge huge stats bonus
2589.pngFallen Angel Wing [1] - Refined to at least +7 and get EA enchant. Mid Tier items
2576.pngHeroic Backpack [1] - Good for balance type. Average attack and def. -> I don't like this personally. But the greed skill is helpful. 
4593.pngMenblatt Card- Best card for damage. 
4572.pngRandel Card- Get a second garment and use this as switching. Provides Auto Guard Skill. *Very very helpful for mvp-ing*
4133.pngRaydric Card- If you die fast, try getting Raydric for additional neutral redux.  

SHOES

22071.pngApplause Sandals [1]- Another Must have for Cart Cannon Build. You won't be able to spam cart cannon without this. 
4236.pngAmon Ra Card- Combo with Applause Sandals. Must have!!
22008.pngTemporal DEX Boots [1]- Not recommended but if you don't have Applause Sandals I guess this is the best. Low cost
4913.pngEssence of Evil Intelligence Lv3- More int!! 

ACCESSORIES 
2992.gif Pendant of Maelstrom [1]- 6% Atk and Matk, +1 all stats. and its cheap!!! Money's worth!
28410.png - Good for stats build
4913.pngEssence of Evil Intelligence Lv3- If you can't get insta-cast build this "card" would help!
card.gif Gold Scaraba Card -  +20 ATK 
27171.pngRevolver Buffalo Bandit Card- Str+ 4, 4%ATK. Combo card with Shotgun Buffalo Card
27170.pngShotgun Buffalo Bandit Card Agi+7, Hit +7. Combo card with Revolver Buffalo Card
4084.pngMarine Sphere Card- Enable Magnum Break (Switching) 

SHADOW EQUIPS
24272.pngAlchemist Shadow Armor- Must have Alchemist Shadow Shoes. Enable Adrenalin Rush!! -USE THIS!!!  
24259.pngAlchemist Shadow Shoes- Must have Alchemist Shadow Armor. Enable Adrenalin Rush!! -USE THIS!!!
24291.pngGenetic Shadow Weapon- Don't get this unless you have the whole 6 shadow set. 
24304.pngGenetic Shadow Shield Don't get this unless you have the whole 6 shadow set.
24247.pngMerchant Shadow Earring- If you have this, get the whole set!! +10 atll stats is dopppeee!
24251.pngMerchant Shadow PendantIf you have this, get the whole set!! +10 atll stats is dopppeee!

24012.pngScatter Shadow Weapon- +5 Dex!! Use this if you don't have the whole set.
24015.pngScatter Shadow Shield- +5 Vit! Use this if you don't have the whole set.
24016.pngScatter Shadow Earring- +5 Int! Use 2pcs of this don't get the pendant! 

DONATION EQUIPS
4x Destruction Gem Level 3
4x Almighty Gem Level 3
7x Atk Starstone or 7x Long Starstone
Deco Stoneeee!!!

3) SUGGESTED STATS

STR-> 100-120 // If you are going to use Tengu Set, you will need to put 120 str for bonus. 
AGI-> 60-90 // Helps in skill delay. :D
VIT-> 20-30 // Not much needed in PVM. **As long as you don't get 1 shot!** You got pots, use it! 
INT-> 100-120 // Cart Cannon is highly base on Int. Higher better. 
DEX-> 80-120 // Get enough to have insta-cast cart cannon  
LUK-> 30-40 // Luk helps you to increase damage. Every 3 luk= 1 atk. Higher luk more immune to curse. 

4) USEABLE ITEMS

REGULAR USABLE ITEMS:
+20 Foods- Yeahhh more stats= more damage
+10 Foods- Yeahhh more stats= more damage
Berserk Potion- Increase atkspeed. 
HP Increase Large Potion-  More HP :D
Yggdrasil Berry-  When your dying and don't have time to use pots. Click your berry! Full health and SP

Yggdrasil Seed- Half the effect of the Yggdrasil Berry. 

SKILL BASED ITEMS:
Cannon Balls- Holy, Shadow, Neutral and Ghost, Get them all because converter doesn't work with gene now :( 
Acid Bottle - For AD and Fire Expansion

Bottle Grenade- For AD and Demonic Fire
Thorny Plant Seed- For Crazy Weed and Thorn Trap. 
Smoke Powder- Fire Expansion 3
Tear Gas- Fire Expansion 4
Glistening Coat - For Full Chemical Protect. 

OTHER TIPS: (From @Theodosia)

NC off (/nc) - Mistakes happen. NC will minimize the chance of them happening. if you misclick you might get stuck in attacking a mob for long enough to get crowded over.

@hold - Same thing. Hold is really good against tanky bosses (well uh, tankier)

Thorn Trap is your friend. Makes some bosses like R Amda a cake walk even without a truly OP gear.
And use your hom as a damage sponge. He can take a lot of punishment!

OKAY GUYS THAT'S IT! HOPE YOU GUYS GET SOMETHING HERE. SEE YOU GUYS IN THE HUNTING FIELD!!! /gg  PLEASE NOTE THIS IS ONLY A GUIDE AND THERE ARE SOME THINGS THAT YOU NEED TO LEARN BY YOURSELF. FEEL FREE TO PM ME.  

*NOTE!!!! THIS IS ALL BASE ON MY OPINION AND EXPERIENCE SO I COULD BE WRONG!! FEEL FREE TO POINT OUT MY MISTAKES*

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Other good items are:

Robot Arm - On high refine, as tested, its not far off from VH with 3WK+TG + with Verus revamp it will become enchantable. For its cost its more than great.

Glorious/Avenger weapon - for farming bio and or, possibly, Solar.

Also, R.Amda is +20% not +15% :P

Edited by Theodosia

7 minutes ago, Komari AB said:

Can I use Abusive Robe instead of Flattery Robe if I want to go for pure CC build? Since CC doesn't need MATK iirc.

Abusive is like cotton shirt for genetic since cart cannon ignores def already. 

3 minutes ago, Theodosia said:

Other good items are:

Robot Arm - On high refine, as tested, its not far off from VH with 3WK+TG + with Verus revamp it will become enchantable. For its cost its more than great.

Glorious/Avenger weapon - for farming bio and or, possibly, Solar.

Also, R.Amda is +20% not +15% :P

Thanks @Theodosia

Will update the guide hahaha! 

Great guide! Was thinking of starting one too since there's no updated genetic guide out here anymore lol

Just one thing, 90 base agi is more ideal, that way you utilize golden wings more, especially at +16. 

49 minutes ago, Silent Riddle said:

Great guide! Was thinking of starting one too since there's no updated genetic guide out here anymore lol

Just one thing, 90 base agi is more ideal, that way you utilize golden wings more, especially at +16. 

Yep this is true.  I use golden wing and put 90 agi also.  But if not golden 90 would be too much :) ill update it bro!  Thank you!! 

1 minute ago, Stinson said:

Enhanced archer skeleton card for weapon. Bit better than normal AS card. 

Got it bro!  Thank you!  Ill update this when i get to a destop!  :D totally forgot about that haha

Some additional tips, less for equip/stats, more for what to do:

NC off (/nc) - Mistakes happen. NC will minimize the chance of them happening. if you misclick you might get stuck in attacking a mob for long enough to get crowded over.

Thorn Trap is your friend. Makes some bosses like R Amda a cake walk even without a truly OP gear.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Theodosia said:

Some additional tips, less for equip/stats, more for what to do:

Thanks @Theodosia, i've updated the guide. 

42 minutes ago, jhongsen said:

Hi, im curious about the use of the MATK, if the main DMG is CC which use INT point.. so why are u suggest the Robe of Flattery?

Hi, Matk doesnt affect CC damage. You can opt to use abusive too if you want. Suggested Flattery due to its flexibility if using AD. :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keoru said:

Can you tell me the best cards on weapon if you have vlak hammer wkwkwk turtle general meaby?

I would think that is the best so far.  :)

Anyways guide is quite outdated already with level 185 out and some op items released hehehe. 

I cant tell since i dont have megs and its not practical to get that.  With the recent nerf with POM, i would say the current best is powerchip. 

P.S. i haven't tried but im basing on description. Go ahead and try then let us know hahaha.  

Regarding the golden wing,  it would depend on which stats you get. Best way to find out is unequip all your items excpt gwing then see how many + you see beside each stats.  

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.