Icy Kitsu

LimitRO market - List of prices for "hot items"

Hi everyone,

To go on with the topic about LimitRO market (check out the poll on Facebook, idk how to share a poll link…)

image.png.13e801622f84c50f3f606048cb99938f.png

I thought about this because I saw that price check requests almost never get answers while there's always 600+ ppl online, that new players can easily be fooled, etc. For the time being, it seems people agree on:

• We should prevent people from being scammed and prevent true lowballers (why "true"? cause some are called lowballers by people who want to scam…)
  • It is, indeed, from a point of view, a certain way to control the market. It's not a "control" with bad intentions though.
  • Making a list of current market prices for hot items can be done and should not bother people that much, except maybe the ones who only seek profit out there.
  • It might be complicated to keep up with the prices fluctuation, but at least it will be indicative.
  • It would help especially new players or players who don't have that much knowledge about RO in general and LRO market
  • Even without this, most of the community could help for market prices

• Some consider this can ruin the market
  • Some people are rich AF
  • I don't understand the "Sold already ~"

So, as of now, I can see 2 main ideas:

• Creating the forementioned list
  • Add some tips to prevent people from being scammed / prevent true lowballers

Any help is appreciated. Please keep in mind that the goal is to help the community, to help the new players, and not to bring discord in here.

---

Below you'll find a starting list with some useables items and their current prices (indicative!!), based on what I saw mainly:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17VHMcRBe7iFjsMIV1wPoMixsvyGRajtJ46rMk1nqIPg/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 2

Or change the vend price and zeny limit. So people can just vend the items that are more than 1b. Then make a item vend price list on website where all prices of all vended items are there (even sold items). So people can also check how much they are sold before. Maybe you can call that a price check or something? 

You mean having a history of the transactions? That can be an idea, yes.

I'm okay with transactions more than 1B.

Some also mentioned auction system. Lai said there were such a system before but it was not really used so they removed it.

• Like 1

I think we should just stick to the topic and simply make a list of

Apple = 10 zeny 

etc. <3 

As a someone who's pretty new to the server, i'm completely on board with this. A history of transactions would be ideal (like in FFXIV and a few other games I know of), but really any kind of collective input on what stuff's selling for works better than getting radio silence on PC> a lot of the time. People will of course be free to sell as high or buy as low as they possibly can but having that baseline is going to be super helpful.

Edit: I would recommend that as the list is being assembled that we try and keep it completely suggestive. It'll serve to be less aggressive and hopefully not rile up the subset of the community that's probably going to be against this for their own reasons.

Example being: 

"Old Glast Heim instance. If price is higher than 6 * Temporal Crystals, don't buy!" to something like: 

"Old Glast Heim instance. Check price of Temp Crystals vs finished item." or somesuch

The point being not to outright state that you should buy or don't buy.

Still great so far and i'll help where/if I can. Thanks for getting this started! :D

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I modified the list a little bit accordingly ^^

People are free to do what they want. It is just something I came up with, it is purely indicative and intended to be a guideline.

The thing is, even if no one sells during a couple of days doesn't automatically mean the price is going up. But it was the price everyone seemed to agree on like 1-2 weeks ago. Either be patient or try a little bit higher (like 650), this was purely indicative ~

@Theodosia Not a bad idea, my only concern is that if I move the table to something opened to everyone, everyone has to be a good child and keep the idea that the values have to be realistic. Scammers would be glad to see such a file 😕 Btw I wanted to benefit the forum system of id linking which is simpler than adding a link to a text ^^ But I'll think about a solution.

Edited by Icy Kitsu
Google sheets link added