BabyCakeTB

Refine guide plz?

Hey.
So i geared up and i feel a bit lost on refining system.
I didnt stumble of the rates on our wonderfull server and, i'm never too sure on what ores should i use to be more efficient in refining valuable gear.
Help?

Im not so sure on Refine rate, people would tell me percentage for success but no proof. I could tell ya which refine item is a bit safer/has higher refine rate.

Normal Elunium and Oridecon are the standard use for refining. (Can break if fails)

Enriched Elunium and Oridecon have a higher success rate than normal elu/Ori. Can get woe Castle loot/Cash shop (can break if fails)

HD Elunium and Oridecon have a lower success rate than normal Elu/Ori. (WILL NOT BREAK, if fails -1)

+1 ticket Armor/Weapon This is the best way to safe refine. 100 cash points +1 (WILL NOT BREAK, 100% success)

PS:these items are just for +1-10 (not including +1 ticket) cant recall the name for refine items +10-16

25 minutes ago, Gucci said:

+1 ticket Armor/Weapon This is the best way to safe refine. 100 cash points +1 (WILL NOT BREAK, 100% success)

PS:these items are just for +1-10 (not including +1 ticket) cant recall the name for refine items +10-16

Those are refine ores, that you have mentioned

Refine Tickets, on the other hand, refine things up to the level of refine specified on the ticket automatically.

Overall:

Elunium/Oridecon/Cranium/Bradium - low priority/low cost refines. The most basic ones. Fail for Elu/Ori breaks the item, for Cranium/Bradium there is a chance to break but also a chance to downgrade 3 levels.

Enriched Ores - low priority bulk refines. I do not know the exact numbers for LimitRO but usually on official servers they provide +10% to +20% to the chance of refinement. Again, there is a chance to break equipment still. It is the most efficient type of ores to use if you want to refine a lot of items to get them to high level.

Example:

Refining level 4 weapon from +0 to +10 with normal oridecon on iRO has a chance of 0.03456% or 1 in 2894

Refining level 4 weapon from +0 to +10 with an enriched oridecon on iRO has a chance of 1.4112% or 1 in 71

The total efficiency increase is roughly 40 times. Again, these are not LimitRO rates, but it gives a good enough indication of usefulness of the enriched ores.

High Density (HD) Ores -  High cost items. HD ores are expensive and have the same chance of refine as the normal ores. The difference that instead of breaking the item, a failure will decrease the refinement level by 1 (2 for cranium/bradium) instead. HD Cranium and HD Bradium will never decrease item level below +10, so it can be the best way to upgrade the item from +10 to +12. Also it is the best way to upgrade items past +16.

Safe Ores - Very expensive. Automatically increase refine level by 1, but can only be obtained via cash shop. They do not upgrade items past +16

Refine Tickets - As explained before, they increase item level exactly to the level of the ticket. Most tickets range +5 to +7, up to +11 can be bought from the cash shop. +12 and +16 tickets exist, but most of them were used up. In theory - fastest way to upgrade the item to the desired level, but probably the most expensive.

• Thanks 2

@Theodosia right +1 refine ore, not +1 ticket. Thanks for going into more detail for him. This was all top of my head so couldnt go into detail. 

Really depends.

For example.

IIRC currently HD oridecon costs 6 Cash Points

For example you have a +9 level 4 weapon and you want +10:

Safe Refine Ore cost=  100 CP

Chance for Level 4 from +9 to +10 is 9%

So it will take roughly eleven attempts. (100/9 = 11.111...)

That is 66 CP already IF you already have means to ensure every time you will do that, you will be at +9. Which is highly unlikely. Until +7 +8 refining with HD might be cheaper (but you can easily buy +7 refine tickets for 3 vip) than refine ores, but after that, tickets or ores seem to be a better and safer choice

@BabyCakeTB unless you can get a lot of HD ores i wouldnt recommend them. ITs almost impossible to get to +9. Ive wasted around 100 and got 2 +9 items. At the end i regretted wasting so much cash points and wish i would of just used +1 safe ore.

On 5/21/2018 at 1:35 PM, Theodosia said:

For example you have a +9 level 4 weapon and you want +10:

Safe Refine Ore cost=  100 CP

Chance for Level 4 from +9 to +10 is 9%

Where do you get these numbers? the reason i gave him a list of items rather then give him a percentage is because no one really knows the success rate. We can only base it off official but since we are a private server for all we know its half of what we really think.

I am basing it off the official, since its the closest approximation. I doubt LRO differs too much from those.

newbie here. regarding the refine ticket. if i have a +5 weapon and a +5 refine ticket, does that mean i can safely upgrade my weapon to +10?

On 6/15/2018 at 12:55 AM, Theodosia said:

@parusa

No, refine tickets mean it upgrades the item TO the refine level on the ticket. +5 ticket means that any weapon below +5 will become +5.

all we do is just bring the refine ticket and the weapon or armor? no need any elunium or oridecon to upgrade it?