Skyewind

Homunculus and Mercenary AI Script

v9Lf6Ks.png
You can access this page easily by typing bit.ly/limitai (all in lowercase)
For Information on Homunculus and Homunculus S, go to this thread.
[Downloads]

Working Azzy Version, works on Homunculous S. (Latest 2016)

Tested on Bayeri

1. Close LimitRO & Open LimitRO folder
  2. Delete your old AI and AI_Sakray folder (or rename them)
  3. Download http://www.limitro.com/ai.zip
  4. Put the new AI and AI_sakray folder into LimitRO folder
  5. Open the game and type /hoai or /merai
    1. Ingame text should display Homunculus has been customized text means it's activated.
    2. Then you can restart the client again.
  6. It should work now :)

Old Guide....

Gibraltar AI - So far the best AI that is compatible with Limit RO. Please give time to show thanks by visiting his blog.

[Gibraltar AI Remake v6.1] Latest Version.
[Gibraltar AI Remake v5.0]

-=-= Old Version =-=-

[Gibraltar AI vS.9.4] Probably the most stable version and works with Mercenary the best.

Azzy AI - Created by Dr.Azzy. Comes with a configurable user interface.

Launch AzzyAIConfig.exe first before playing!!! You need to configure the settings according to your preference.

[Azzy AI v1.50 dev 9] Yes this version works, but don't use it if you plan to use Mercenaries. It will cause errors. Strictly for Homunculus and Homunculus S only!

[How to Install]
1. Locate your LimitRO Folder, search for the OLD AI and AI_sakray folders back them up or delete them.
2. Download the AI file from this thread.
3. Extract the contents of the file using Winrar. There should be 2 Folders named AI and AI_sakray.
4. Transfer the NEW AI and AI_Sakray folders inside your LimitRO Folder.
5. Look for the Setup.exe file and launch it. Go to the Options Tab and make sure the Hoai and Merai boxes are checked.

WHAT? Still too hard to understand? Okay, read the Comic Strip.

Spoiler

roAvT7K.png

What!? You Hate Alice!?...ok here's the serious guide. Boo...

Spoiler

9dRjqe9.png

[Frequently Asked Questions]

Errors keep popping up when I summon my Homunculus! What did I do wrong?

Spoiler

- The AI and AI Sakray folders must have the same content, basically both folders are the same but with different names. Follow the installation instructions again.

My homunculus/Mercenary is not moving/attacking. What do I do?

Spoiler

- Try pressing CTRL+T or ALT+T a couple of times to toggle between Active and Stand By mode. Another method is to try to change maps or use a Flywing or Teleport. Use the skill REST to unsummon your homunculus, then CALL HOMUNCULUS This problem is just a minor bug in the script.

How can I obtain, level, and evolve my homunculus?

Spoiler

- Please go to the Homunculus Guide and Discussions thread, you can get more information there.

This latest version seems to be buggy, what do I do?

Spoiler

Try reverting to an older version. Previous versions are kept available until a proper stable update has been confirmed.

I installed everything as instructed but still nothing. I am using Vista / Windows 7. What's wrong?

Spoiler

In some cases, Windows Vista / 7 makes restrictions on any program that is installed inside

Program Files Folder. This feature is called UAC (User Access Control), it prevents any unauthorized changes to some important files. Sometimes, this problem is easily fixed by changing the properties of LimitRO.exe and running the program as Administrator. If this doesn't solve the problem. There are 2 more approaches....you can either disable the UAC feature or move the whole LimitRO folder into a different location. (example C:GamesLimitRO)

My Homunculus S is not casting old homunculus Skills. I'm using AzzyAI. What's wrong?

Spoiler

Launch

AzzyAIConfig.exe file and configure the settings.There should be a parameter called Old Homun Type. Indicate which type of Homunculus you previously have. If you were using a Vanilmirth, you don't need to change this, because the AI automatically detects if your homunculus is previously a Vanilmirth.

1Nq8wMw.png

Try to read the Documentation.pdf file for more information about Azzy AI.

[This thread may update on a non-regular basis, pls check frequently]

• Like 5

This is a guide as far as I can see. It would be most apropriate if it were moved to a more fitting setting.

So I did.

EDIT: It seems as though non-GM folk are unable to do anything in this board, so I guess I'll keep it in its original place until this is fixed.

I used to dislike Gibraltar AI for the way it conducts its actions - via random rolls by chance, but I still used it anyway as it's the only known version to work here in limit. After some tweaking and testing and with a little programming background, I'm able to edit the script at least a bit more to my liking. Things to take note from my experience:

BEFORE YOU EVEN START READING THE CODES
- Do yourself a favour and don't use Notepad. You will save lives if you can just download Notepad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org/) which provides simple colour highlights for different syntaxes, available for various languages. In this case we only need .lua readers and yes it has, and no you don't have to do anything as it can recognise the file by its file type (.lua). Simply install Notepad++ and when opening files, right click file -> "Edit with Notepad++"

UNDERSTANDING/EDITING THE CODES
- If there's script error, Gibraltar AI will use the files in ERROR HANDLER (hidden folder by default) instead, i.e. the original unedited file. It will seem as though your changes has made no difference, but in reality it means that there are errors in your edit. If you insist to see your changes you can edit the files in ERROR HANDLER, but you may get client errors because you removed the "safe codes"!
- Try to write comments in your coding to keep track of your edits. For lua, "--" preceding a line of code will convert that line to comment:

if SkillsTurn == 9 then
	if SkillsNotEngaged("Dieter") then
		--06092013: dieter lava slide, not based on chance
		--Log("Cast ability: usar MH_DIE_LAVA_SLIDE.")
		local x_area, y_area = GetV(V_POSITION, MyEnemy)
		SkillArea(5, 8041, x_area, y_area)
	end
end

Comments in coding are lines that the program will not execute. They're there for the ease of development, like sticky notes for the people who read the codes. From that block of code I can infer that: the changes were made in 6 September 2013, to make dieter's lava slide not based on chance. The 2nd line is to tell the reader that it's to cast dieter's lava slide skill.

- Comments can also be used to remove codes that you do not want to execute, but keeping them in the file in case you want to reuse it in the future/somewhere else:

--Removing this whole block because I hate my homun casting lava slide everywhere, stop pooping everywhere Walking Bottle!
--if SkillsTurn == 9 then
	--if SkillsNotEngaged("Dieter") then
		--06092013: dieter lava slide, not based on chance
		--Log("Cast ability: usar MH_DIE_LAVA_SLIDE.")
		--local x_area, y_area = GetV(V_POSITION, MyEnemy)
		--SkillArea(5, 8041, x_area, y_area)
	--end
--end

- You don't have to understand every single line of code to be able to edit. Who cares why SkillsTurn has to be 9 to mean it's for Dieter? Just make sure you follow how the other codes are constructed (copy paste is good) and change accordingly.

i lunch setup and type in any combination /hoai but nothing,already type rest and warp,but aything in all cases......how can i make it auto-atk?

Thanks on that input Takudan, I'm not a programmer myself although I understand the basics of coding... and yes Gibraltar AI is a pain to configure, although the author promises a User Interface when everything is all okay. (I has been a year since that promise but I'm still hoping for it..LOL).

I am currently in a process of testing another AI that I can't reveal just yet.. (unless everyone wants to test it and doesn't mind if it's too buggy)

Gemini, sorry I know English is not your first language... but it's always so hard understanding you. Can show me a screenshot of what's inside your LimitRO Folder? Also Show me a screenshot of the contents of your AI and AI_Sakray folder

BTW OMG Gibraltar AI Remake v6.1 can make Eleanor perform all her Fighting and Grappling Combos woohoo!

i lunch setup and type in any combination /hoai but nothing,already type rest and warp,but aything in all cases......how can i make it auto-atk?

Gemini, sorry I know English is not your first language... but it's always so hard understanding you. Can show me a screenshot of what's inside your LimitRO Folder? Also Show me a screenshot of the contents of your AI and AI_Sakray folder

What he meant was his Humonculus is not auto attacking anymore and he needs help with it.

What he meant was his Humonculus is not auto attacking anymore and he needs help with it.

Yes I know that, I was just saying he's just not easy to understand in General, since English is not his first language. I know he needs help that's why I've asked for screenshots of his LimitRO Folder and AI / AI_Sakray Folders

ok,let me do it..XD

But my problem is my homunculus doesn't atk,and i try to insert /hoai but nothing..i try to rest my homu and warp using fly wing but nothing also..what can i do?

ok,let me do it..XD

But my problem is my homunculus doesn't atk,and i try to insert /hoai but nothing..i try to rest my homu and warp using fly wing but nothing also..what can i do?

Which Version are you using? Pls try the Remake v 6.1

ok,let me do it..XD

Gemini Take a screenshot of your game folder ( AI Folder ) share that image here with Skyewind and he will help you with your problem.  ;)

ok i solve this bad situation,i copy my other PC AI,but idk what was wrong before........i know only this new AI is bigger than 6.1 version,but it works better.........

Are you using Windows XP, Vista or 7? Apparently I've read some cases when Script AI's failing because of the UAC (User Account Control) in Windows Vista and Win 7.

One of the solutions for this is Moving your whole LimitRO folder outside the Program Files folder. Put it somewhere like C:/Games/LimitRO

Two things that you can do is

Option 1 : Move your LimitRO folder to a different location.... like in my example C:GamesLimitRO (make sure you fix your shortcuts when you move your ROFolder)

s8rRd4Ll.jpg

Option 2: Or you can disable Windows 7 UAC (User Account Control)

I asked for the pictures of your folders first... where are they? Can't help you if you're uncooperative, and I already gave you some solutions.

1. Press Print Screen [it's the same button you press to make RO screenshots]

2. Open Windows Paint

3. Press Ctrl+V

4. Save file as Anynameyouwant.jpg

Steps 1~4 in video form.

5. Upload the JPG file at imgur.com

6. Copy the link provided by imgur

7. Post it here.

Do you need a tutorial for everything? :(

I asked for the pictures of your folders first... where are they? Can't help you if you're uncooperative, and I already gave you some solutions.

1. Press Print Screen [it's the same button you press to make RO screenshots]

2. Open Windows Paint

3. Press Ctrl+V

4. Save file as Anynameyouwant.jpg

Steps 1~4 in video form.

5. Upload the JPG file at imgur.com

6. Copy the link provided by imgur

7. Post it here.

Do you need a tutorial for everything? :(

Nice guide :rolleyes:  . Since you worked for this , can you please make a new post on guide section and copy paste this post with a topic as " How to share image " or any other suitable title.

Ok Gemini... 

>Go to this Post  because I assume you didn't even bother to read it properly. Follow what I said there. If that still doesn't work. Follow this! I'm thinking that you are not doing a clean install for the AI and AI_sakray folders. You must DELETE or Remove them before you install the new AI.

If all else fails... ask a family member, or a friend who's good with computers to do the install for you. I don't think it's the language barrier that's making this hard for the both of us.

nono,w8....now it works,but it's the old AI...in first picture,that AI works good...the second picture,instade,has inside all files u download from version 6.1,but whit those files,in everyway i try(also as u told me),doesn't work.....maybe i do something worng,yes.....but are u sure it works really?....i don't wanna said it's ur guilt,but i think it doesn't work good...

• Like 1