• [Reno] Energy Crystal Buff - Gives Status ATK/MATK instead of Equip ATK/MATK

Akin
    • Screenshot & Proof: Fixed
    • NPC Name Reno
    • NPC Location Limit Group Headquarters
    • Screenshot of the NPC dialog (of the bug)
      Before getting Energy Crystal Buff
      screen_Limit_RO127.jpg

After getting Energy Crystal Buff
      screen_Limit_RO128.jpg

• Describe the bug
      1. Talked to Reno and picked the Accumulate High Energy Crystal Option.
      2. View status window and noticed that it increase Status ATK/MATK instead of Equipment ATK/MATK.
      3. Take SS and make this report.

• Screenshot of your related Quest Log (Alt + U)
      Not necessary. The log is shown on chat.

• Why do you think this is bug? Do you follow any guide?
      Any additional flat ATK and MATK buffs should always increase the Equipment and not Status. It's common knowledge. Only stats increases Status ATK/MATK.
      http://irowiki.org/wiki/Eden_Group_Crystal_Synthesis#Energy_Crystal_Buffs
    • Char Name / Shown In SS
    • Equip / Stats Not relevant/Shown in SS

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, Akin said:

@Zohan You prefer Status ATK over Equip ATK? Aside from that, nothing really changes. I've asked my iro friend and he confirmed that it's eATK.

Kinda, but if the buff simply goes to w.atk then final damage calculation would still be the same right?

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Zohan said:

Kinda, but if the buff simply goes to w.atk then final damage calculation would still be the same right?

Not quite.. sAtk and eAtk works quite differently. Personally I prefer eAtk over sAtk since all relative damage mods works on it, also it is affected by elements from weapon, ammo or endow. The only upside of sAtk on PvM that I could think of is that for every point it actually gives 2 damage. Thats why I'm rather surprised that you choose to raise so much STR instead of getting more VIT/INT for your auto-warg ranger survivability. :P 

Share this comment

Oh there was another build I kinda presented, its just that investing more on dex is quite taxing on stat points. I was more on increasing atk from both s.atk and w.atk. Imo INT on a auto-warg ranger is not that important, it would be for an AS type since int adds atk by using autumn headband but not for CRH. INT is ok if low-hg is CD in mouth perhaps.

Oh my sorry I think I went a bit ot there.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I see. Everyone has their own playing style. Your guide has been quite informative to me since I'm not really a ranger enthusiast. Let's move any further discussion there. :)

Share this comment

Only stats increases Status ATK/MATK.

Not really. Box of resentment/drowsiness, takoyaki, distilled fighting spirit, tyr's, etc all increase satk/smatk.  

It seems that all useables with the script SC_ATKPOTION and SC_MATKPOTION from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rathena/rathena/master/db/re/item_db.txt have this behaviour.                

Unrelated to Eden buffs but yea

Share this comment

41 minutes ago, King of the North said:

Not really. Box of resentment/drowsiness, takoyaki, distilled fighting spirit, tyr's, etc all increase satk/smatk.  

It seems that all useables with the script SC_ATKPOTION and SC_MATKPOTION from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rathena/rathena/master/db/re/item_db.txt have this behaviour.                

Unrelated to Eden buffs but yea

I see. Never really paid close attention to them. That rA item database isn't to be fully trusted though from my experience.. Not sure if its because eA or rA scripting works differently, but it causes some of our item effects to grwatly differ in effect to official behaviour by following rA. Well, I digress. :)

Share this comment

most of them increase weapon atk but not all

it's not a common knowledge

fire insignia? im not sure if it increases weapon matk.

Share this comment