• Sign in to follow this  

Catnip meteor glitches (redo)

Kizzukun
    • Screenshot & Proof: Fixed

Redoing a Catnip meteor report, as the previous ones had too many posts. This one will compiling all infos from the glitch.

Topic Skill Report

• Skill Name : Catnip Meteor
    • Screenshot of the skill usage. Provided GIFS from kRO and Limit RO
    • When you use this skill, which statuses are you in? AGI UP, Blessing, Arclouse Dash, Tuna Party, Stoop
    • When you use this skill, which equipments/ammos/accessaries do you wear? Screenshot of equipments provided
    • When you use this skill, are you mounted/do you have push cart/do you have falcon? No
    • When you use this skill, what requirements do you think you need to meet? Catnip fruit for inflicting curse status
    • When you use this skill, do you meet the requirements you think you need to meet? Yes
    • What effects/behaviors do you expect the skill to have while it doesn't? Deal more damage (like on kRO), hit ennemies more consistently, and curse longer
    • How you draw the conclusion that it doesn't have the effects you expect it to have? Probably wrong damage formula, Doram can get strong MATK wands, but will still hit stronger with physical damage. The formula that increases the area of effect from this skill seems different from kRO (see the GIFs below). The curse seems to be canceled once the monster attacks ? or just very low duration.

Gears I'm using (was using a Shaman's Hair Decoration as the only difference on the GIFS)

screenLimitRO008.jpg

Exemple of a Catnip Meteor lvl 5 from kRO (character is lvl 97, source :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvP36nZrRk0)

Projectiles are coming down a lot faster, doesn't spread a lot, and each projectiles have a large radius, so they aren't missing mobs. Damages are high considering low lvl doram without access to accessory combo

CatnipMeteorvideo.gif

Tests on Limit RO :

lvl 1 catnip meteor, only 3 projectiles, but they don't have a large spreading zone, so they are more likely to hit targets (compared to what you will see on highers lvl)

CatnipMeteorlvl1.gif

Catnip meteor lvl 3

The spreading area of the projectiles have increased, but the radius effect of the projectiles haven't. As you can see : most projectiles miss the targets.

CatnipMeteor_(1).gif

Catnip meteor lvl 5

Spread is even bigger, projectile radius effect still as small. Result : no projectiles touch any of the monsters I have mob trained (you can also see the short duration of curse)

CatnipMeteoR5.gif

In conclusion, getting more levels of catnip meteor increases the random spread of the projectiles, making them less likely to hit.

It shouldn't be like that, as seen in the GIF from kRO, you can check the video and see that the doram successfully kills all desert wolf with a single Catnip meteor.

Also you gotta check the damage formula, I don't know how it is but it's nowhere near as powerful as in kRO, when I'm at about 800 MATK.

Edited by Kizzukun

Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

curse base duraion 5->10s

splash area 5x5at level 3,4 and 7x7 at level 5 -> 3x3 at all levels

damage formula: 200+100*skillv ->200+200*skilllv

idon't know what im doing.

any further report without any actual numbers -> revert or leave

Share this comment

I don't know where to get some the numbers and the formula of kRO, if anyone could help ? 

For now gonna test when changes are applied, if it's still not kRO alike gonna make some more research (like the falling speed of meteors, they are different from limit to kro but dunno what's affecting it in the formula)

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Kizzukun said:

I don't know where to get some the numbers and the formula of kRO, if anyone could help ? 

For now gonna test when changes are applied, if it's still not kRO alike gonna make some more research (like the falling speed of meteors, they are different from limit to kro but dunno what's affecting it in the formula)

iro might get the doram update soon. Some of them will definitely test the skill's behaviour. You can wait till then.

Share this comment

Yes, I'll personally test there when I can, although I could always do it on kRO but the video evidence are good enough (just they don't provide the formulas).

Anyway about the fix proposed :

Reducing the splash from higher level to 3x3 will make every levels be like lvl 1 and 2, and at these level, it's just good enough to have every projectile touch "the targeted cell", but it still has hard time touching other targets on the Circle.

Judging from kRO footages, the projectiles easily touch every monsters inside the Circle. A single projectile could hit monsters all around the caster.

While with our formula a projectile can hit a very limited area. i think in kRO the radius damage of projectiles get bigger than 3x3 ( around 5x5 i think at least). Changing that would give a result closer than what happens in the GIF from kRO.

Share this comment

So after watching this video which was recently posted to discuss about OGH beginner mode :

I am 100% sure that the projectiles from catnip meteor touch every monsters in the WHOLE circle.

Meaning that the area of effect of the projectile must be a lot bigger than 3x3, and no monsters inside the circle must be dodging them.

Also on another note, silver stem spear skill hurt a lot more in kRO, but will make another subject for that.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Yuuki said:

My advice, find some concrete numbers.

Yes, i wish i could get numbers, but doram infos are not easy at all to find, since they are not on iRO.

If i could get the formula from this server, i would talk with numbers.

For now my guess is that the animation effect from catnip meteor is completely cosmetical and that every ticks of the projectiles actually splash in the whole circle.   So no random spreading, just damage ticks at a interval inside the circle.

@SangPredator it's mostly from a overrefined magical foxtail wand.

Share this comment