Redoing a Catnip meteor report, as the previous ones had too many posts. This one will compiling all infos from the glitch.
Topic Skill Report
- Skill Name : Catnip Meteor
- Screenshot of the skill usage. Provided GIFS from kRO and Limit RO
- When you use this skill, which statuses are you in? AGI UP, Blessing, Arclouse Dash, Tuna Party, Stoop
- When you use this skill, which equipments/ammos/accessaries do you wear? Screenshot of equipments provided
- When you use this skill, are you mounted/do you have push cart/do you have falcon? No
- When you use this skill, what requirements do you think you need to meet? Catnip fruit for inflicting curse status
- When you use this skill, do you meet the requirements you think you need to meet? Yes
- What effects/behaviors do you expect the skill to have while it doesn't? Deal more damage (like on kRO), hit ennemies more consistently, and curse longer
- How you draw the conclusion that it doesn't have the effects you expect it to have? Probably wrong damage formula, Doram can get strong MATK wands, but will still hit stronger with physical damage. The formula that increases the area of effect from this skill seems different from kRO (see the GIFs below). The curse seems to be canceled once the monster attacks ? or just very low duration.
Gears I'm using (was using a Shaman's Hair Decoration as the only difference on the GIFS)
Exemple of a Catnip Meteor lvl 5 from kRO (character is lvl 97, source :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvP36nZrRk0)
Projectiles are coming down a lot faster, doesn't spread a lot, and each projectiles have a large radius, so they aren't missing mobs. Damages are high considering low lvl doram without access to accessory combo
Tests on Limit RO :
lvl 1 catnip meteor, only 3 projectiles, but they don't have a large spreading zone, so they are more likely to hit targets (compared to what you will see on highers lvl)
Catnip meteor lvl 3
The spreading area of the projectiles have increased, but the radius effect of the projectiles haven't. As you can see : most projectiles miss the targets.
Catnip meteor lvl 5
Spread is even bigger, projectile radius effect still as small. Result : no projectiles touch any of the monsters I have mob trained (you can also see the short duration of curse)
In conclusion, getting more levels of catnip meteor increases the random spread of the projectiles, making them less likely to hit.
It shouldn't be like that, as seen in the GIF from kRO, you can check the video and see that the doram successfully kills all desert wolf with a single Catnip meteor.
Also you gotta check the damage formula, I don't know how it is but it's nowhere near as powerful as in kRO, when I'm at about 800 MATK.
Edited by Kizzukun