• [sorcerer] Wind Elemental Defensive action sometimes doesn't work

teluoborg
    • Skill Name: Elemental Control
      Job Name: Sorcerer
      Skill Correct Behavior:

When Using Elemental Control lvl 2 with lvl 3 Ventus, it creates a 3*3 barrier on the caster that blocks ranged damage. 

That barrier is materialized by a green tornado.

Provide test steps:

Summon Ventus lvl 3

Use Elemental Control lvl 2 many times

Screenshot & Proof: Closed

As you can see in the gif, 1 time out of 3 the skill doesn't work while it should work every time.

User Feedback

How many Zephyrs have you summoned before it stopped working?

The only time it would not work on me was when I had 2 tornadoes already up, once one of them disappears, I can summon one again. This is pretty constant on my end, at least. It just doesn't randomly fail on me.

Although, I can't find a source if there's a limit to the number of Zephyrs we can use.

Share this comment

You should really add 'How did you draw the conclusion?' to your report..

Share this comment

5 hours ago, Chester said:

I not sure this is a bug or not on the defensive mode(no source on iRO and Kro to proof), actually this skill correctly will be like Passive Mode, Passive mode if you recast the Passive mode again the skill will be cancel, I check source on jRO also got mention about the skill recast will canceled the skill 

Link for reference:- http://ragnarokonline.gungho.jp/special/awakening-update/data/spirits.html58fef0e758a3d_JptranslatetoEng.png.a5a41be46182abf2bb55a1278237a08c.png

I've been searching warpportal forums and the sorcerer guides there mentioned that when you use Defensive Mode, you can use another level of Spirit Control and it would not cancel the spell, since it acts as a ground targeted skill. Defensive Mode level 3 will last the whole 15 seconds.

What I can't find any source about is if there's a limit on how many barriers you can cast.

Share this comment

8 minutes ago, Caphleo said:

I've been searching warpportal forums and the sorcerer guides there mentioned that when you use Defensive Mode, you can use another level of Spirit Control and it would not cancel the spell, since it acts as a ground targeted skill. Defensive Mode level 3 will last the whole 15 seconds.

What I can't find any source about is if there's a limit on how many barriers you can cast.

Therefore, @Caphleo I not sure iRO and kRO how it working, this update reference link is in jRO on 2014 implement(?).

Take a Example: You cast Defensive mode and cast Defensive mode again only will cancel the skill, if you cast defensive mode and change to Passive Mode the skill Zephyr should be still continue 15sec , so this is the concept what was i thinking...

Defensive > Defensive = Cancel

Defensive > Passive > Defensive = Recast 1 time Zephyr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjNwLVIpjwA&list=PLgUIN6idB1AVP3vum1Qh79qQG2d2p-Ype&index=7 << this is jRO spellfist user cast Zephyr video

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Chester said:

Therefore, @Caphleo I not sure iRO and kRO how it working, this update reference link is in jRO on 2014 implement(?).

Take a Example: You cast Defensive mode and cast Defensive mode again only will cancel the skill, if you cast defensive mode and change to Passive Mode the skill Zephyr should be still continue 15sec , so this is the concept what was i thinking...

Defensive > Defensive = Cancel

Defensive > Passive > Defensive = Recast 1 time Zephyr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjNwLVIpjwA&list=PLgUIN6idB1AVP3vum1Qh79qQG2d2p-Ype&index=7 << this is jRO spellfist user cast Zephyr video

Yes, that's what I also read about. Casting the same level Spirit Control twice in a row will cancel the mode.

Unless you cast Defense 15 seconds after, since Defense only lasts for 15 seconds. I think we shouldn't be able to cast it multiple times, like here in LimitRO.

Share this comment

Here is another video of the same sorcerer using defensive mode 4 times in 16 seconds with no problem

Share this comment

7 hours ago, teluoborg said:

Here is another video of the same sorcerer using defensive mode 4 times in 16 seconds with no problem

i forgot she got this video?,

the reference note(checked jRO is 2014 start 3rd job) is come from Official jRO website, mention about recast the same mode again will cancel the skill(even Passive mode)but the video show dun have this limitation. 

For my conclusion, maybe server silent changed and/or is common bug on this(good is can confirm in iRO and kRO)...

@teluoborgif you dun mind, can test other 3 element also can work properly and defensive mode switch to passive mode will work or not also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ouxA8SGVOo << and you can test this method work fine on LRO?

Share this comment

let me explain what happens on server:

when you can't use zephry, that;s because you are in defensive mode and reuse the skill means cancel the mode but not cancel the skill

when you can use zephry ,that's because you are in passive mode. and why you are in passive mode? that's either because a zephry just worn out or you cancel the mode.

either way zephry stays there no matter what mode you are in for 15 seconds

Share this comment