• Rolling Cutter counter reset after Dark Illusion

Knivs
    • Skill Name: Rolling Cutter
      Job Name: Guillotine Cross
      Skill Correct Behavior:

1990825610_RollingCutter.thumb.PNG.742f0b61ddad950b44576d1e9d6bd868.PNG

Closed

The Rolling Cutter counter resets after using Dark Illusion when it shouldn't. (This interaction was working properly 2 MTs ago, that's why I noticed.)

RC_counter.gif.b950b437cd98b796d8360ddce7f6467c.gif

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

we don't have such thing as "using another skill cancels rolling cutter counter" on limit.

why didn't you report this?

you use back slide and it's canceled is because back slide makes you move.

i'll confirm this before i did anything

because this is a skill implemented on 2010

and i'm pretty sure we used to have this "using another skill cancels rolling cutter counter" thing

but we removed it and i don't remember why.

we need to talk about if we are gonna add it back first.

irowiki is not a trusted source.

Share this comment

@Inkfish Hum.. backslide doesn't cancel the RC counter. That's what the gif I posted showcased.

Yes it's true that, currently in LimitRO, using other skills doesn't cancel RC counter (except Dark Illusion).

I know we don't like iro around here but it has the most detailed skill database in English. At least for skills that didn't get updated in recent years. Didn't really have a choice.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Knivs said:

@Inkfish Hum.. backslide doesn't cancel the RC counter. That's what the gif I posted showcased.

Yes it's true that, currently in LimitRO, using other skills doesn't cancel RC counter (except Dark Illusion).

I know we don't like iro around here but it has the most detailed skill database in English. At least for skills that didn't get updated in recent years. Didn't really have a choice.

i checked jro source.

using skills won't cancel the counter. that makes iro wiki even less creditable.

and the jro source doesn't mention dark illusion at all. but it does say backslide won't cancel the counter.

and it just happened that dark illusion and back sliding are just using different code to move your position.

that's why dark illusion cancels the counter and back slide doesn't. 

i didn't make exception on purpose for either dark illusion or back slide.

currenly back slide = knock back and dark illuson = snap

a passive possition movement(knock back) won't reset it and an active one(snap) will.

so my decision is i won't change it. 

i'm not saying i'm sure that on official server, dark illusion should reset the counter

im saying i don't know and i don't trust iro wiki.

give me another source such as warp portal and i'll reconsider it.

Share this comment

16 hours ago, Inkfish said:

using skills won't cancel the counter. that makes iro wiki even less creditable.

and the jro source doesn't mention dark illusion at all. but it does say backslide won't cancel the counter.

and it just happened that dark illusion and back sliding are just using different code to move your position.

that's why dark illusion cancels the counter and back slide doesn't. 

i didn't make exception on purpose for either dark illusion or back slide.

currenly back slide = knock back and dark illuson = snap

a passive possition movement(knock back) won't reset it and an active one(snap) will.

@Inkfish I see. Won't be using irowiki as a reference from now on then.

16 hours ago, Inkfish said:

so my decision is i won't change it. 

i'm not saying i'm sure that on official server, dark illusion should reset the counter

im saying i don't know and i don't trust iro wiki.

give me another source such as warp portal and i'll reconsider it.

Understood. Unfortunately, couldn't find a reliable source that gives info on the subject at hand.

But for what it's worth, I know for sure that Dark Illusion didn't cancel RC counter in LimitRO before. Of course, I understand that you can't change things just based on what people say.

So subject closed I guess.

Share this comment