• Rolling cutter cooldown delay since last patch

karlor
    • Skill Name: Rolling Cutter
      Job Name: Guillotine Cross
      Skill Correct Behavior:

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Rolling_Cutter

Before this patch, there wasn't a cooldown display and it attacked much faster.

Provide test steps:

Skill is just broken when you try to use it. Should be attacking much faster, and without the cooldown message.

Screenshot & Proof: Fixed

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Truth is unpleasant to hear.

But truth is truth anyway

The truth is happy hours ended. this is what it is supposed to be

Nothing changed serverside except a delay indicator packet is sent.

The indicator is sent the very same duration as it really is on server

The packet not only let you see a countdown on shortcut bar, when the countdown appears, it also prevents skill usage by means of stoping sending skill using packet.

Your internet latency may make this more obvious

Say the skill global delay is 100.

The server stops dealing with skill packet as soon as global delay applies, which is time 0.

The server will not deal with skill packet until serverside delay expires, which until time 100

Say your latency is 50ms.

The client will stop sending skill packets on time 50 and lasts for 100 ms, which is until time 150

in conclusion, you can't use skill during time 0~50 due to server side. you can't use skill during time 50~100 due to both serverside and client. you can't use skill during time 100~150 due to client.

That makes you FEEL your delay is 150 ms.

But Its actually 100

Why you used the word broken? I call it fixed

And stop using the word cooldown plz.

Cooldown is used for individual skill

Delay is all skills shared delay

Share this comment

It shouldn't be spamming that global cooldown delay message. I think that's proof enough something is wrong. I'm not the only one who has noticed this.

It was working before this patch and now it isn't. I can't even clear easy dungeons anymore with rolling cutter. Spent $50 on this server and now my build is completely broken :\

Share this comment

It shouldn't be spamming that global cooldown delay message.

why shouldn't? it should

I think that's proof enough something is wrong.

well, i say that proves something was missing before

It was working before this patch and now it isn't.

it was broken before this patch and now it is fixed

this is my personal opinion and not stand for the GM team and that is:

Sorry for the bug and Glad you enjoyed the happy hours

i can understand your feeling that you spent money on a skill that is changed.

but this won't change the fact that it is not a bug.

so you shouldn't argue with me here. im a tech guy

i don't decide what's good for you or for whomever

i just do what's right or what im asked to

Share this comment

FYI, rolling cutter has a global delay of 200 ms.

you can argue with me this value is wrong(which is not changed since forever)

you can argue with me that on this server the usage is a lot slower than official server

but only say that it's slower than before is broken? overruled!!

Share this comment

yes, but the way rolling cutter works is you hold the button down and it sends a stream of attacks until you release it

i could understand if i got the cooldown message if i was spamming the button, but if i'm using the skill as intended, why would i get an error message from the server over and over? something is definitely wrong. maybe it's possible that the error message is causing a bigger delay than it should be?

Share this comment

11 hours ago, karlor said:

yes, but the way rolling cutter works is you hold the button down and it sends a stream of attacks until you release it

i could understand if i got the cooldown message if i was spamming the button, but if i'm using the skill as intended, why would i get an error message from the server over and over? something is definitely wrong. maybe it's possible that the error message is causing a bigger delay than it should be?

holding it down IS spamming! you think client sends packet at the correct timing? no it's not that clever

the message you are talking about is the the client reply to your "holding it down" action.

it's not server blocking your skill use

it's the client itself.

simple test:

use a skill with very long global delay, such as storm gust

within it's delay, use the skill again and again

you can see the message you are talking about.

at the mean time, i monitor if the server recieves packets

the answer is no.

so it's not server. it's just the normal reaction the client did to the indicator

Share this comment

@Inkfish I'm with the OP on this one, rolling cutter definitely has slowed down, along with cross impact and sonic blow (I can't double-cast those two anymore like before).  Also, dragon breath and a whole lot other skills, look at this report:  (I've asked around and others are experiencing this same problem)

UPDATE: Okay I think I finally get why I can no longer cast double CI anymore, it's because even though the revolving shadow on the skill hotkeys are already done, the skill is still waiting for the animation to finish, pauses for 0.5 second and only then it launches the next cross impact! You're telling me this is how it's supposed to work all along when there's such a thing as "double cross impact" and "double sonic blow"?

UPDATE 2: I found this on google (https://rathena.org/board/topic/97181-double-casting-cross-impact-and-aspd/) saying that only those with lower aspd 169-179 are able to do double CI, I tested it (using swords) and it works ugh but I really do recall being able to do it even at my current higher aspd. I don't know what to believe anymore, my head hurts.

Share this comment