• All official +ATK% items are affecting DB and DBW

Akin
    • Item Name: All official +ATK% items and Options
      Item ID: 2963
      Item Correct Behavior:

All official +ATK% items (equips, cards, enchants etc) SHOULD NOT affect Dragon Breath and Dragon Breath Water.

It might be due to Limit RO using a non-official script for all +ATK% like bAtkRate (an example, not assuming).

Should be bAddClass,Class_All, or whatever equivalent ATK modifier script (similar to Abysmal Knight Card, but for all mobs) since Limit RO uses a customized eAthena.

If it does uses the unofficial script please revert using the official one for all affected items and option.

Source: https://www.divine-pride.net/forum/index.php?/topic/3723-kro-jobs-improvement-project/&do=findComment&comment=7763

Thank You.

Screenshot & Proof: Closed

1) Tested DB & WDB with and without PER (2963) with ATK% option (+5% from item script, +3% from option for +8% total) and it raises total damage by 8%.

Normal DB damage (Green Highlight): 34327
    DB damage +8% ATK (Red Highlight): 37118
    Increase in damage 37118/34327*100 : 108.13% damage

DB 1.jpg

DB 2.jpg

Whatever.png

Edited by Akin
    Added source

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This has nothing to do with this skill itself.

More like all our Weapon ATK Rate should be changed to ATK % = bAddClass,Class_All.

Same goes for Random Options.

Question is, should we change it?

It's been like this for so long time.

Share this comment

54 minutes ago, Lai said:

This has nothing to do with this skill itself.

More like all our Weapon ATK Rate should be changed to ATK % = bAddClass,Class_All.

Same goes for Random Options.

Question is, should we change it?

It's been like this for so long time.

It should, as this involves the core game mechanic and messed up the damage calculation. Not customization of items, NPC, features since those are up to your discretion. As you can see it even increase the damage of the skills that weren't supposed to increase. It also gives more damage than it should to ATK based builds.

Plus it wasn't like this 2 years ago when I was still playing. So it was at most since last year according to some, quite recent.

Edited by Akin

Share this comment

7 hours ago, Akin said:

It should, as this involves the core game mechanic and messed up the damage calculation. Not customization of items, NPC, features since those are up to your discretion. As you can see it even increase the damage of the skills that weren't supposed to increase. It also gives more damage than it should to ATK based builds.

Plus it wasn't like this 2 years ago when I was still playing. So it was at most since last year according to some, quite recent.

yes 2 years ago when i started as DB RK, the formula wasn't like this.. i remember this "issue" occurred when Fafnir scale was implemented

Share this comment

On 7/12/2020 at 5:17 AM, Lai said:

seem like tons of items will be affected too ...

Share this comment

IMHO, us.... RK DB players is already pretty mid to low tier damage wise..... why further nerf it....
    You won't even see the MVP often come from RK DB type....

Share this comment

whether or not this is changed i just want some confirmation so i know what to do with my gear .... i dont really care either way if it's changed or not, i just want a final word on whether this will be a limit ro custom thing or we'll use scripting closer to officials

Share this comment

14 hours ago, Mavne said:

IMHO, us.... RK DB players is already pretty mid to low tier damage wise..... why further nerf it....
    You won't even see the MVP often come from RK DB type....

I am a DB RK player too. But getting higher damage from a bug isn't the way.

I'm sure if other classes gets unfair advantages that they weren't suppose to have we'd feel that it's unfair too.

If damage is your concern. Push limit to update these.

1)Updated Dragon Training and Base Level modifiers

2)RK Temporal Circlet (OGH Challenge Mode) (I want this so badly /sob ORC equivalent for DB/DBW)

3)17.2 Card Combo for DB (I really like this one too /rice)

4) 15% range modifier Accs (Edda GH) - this is like ancient update that we dont have.

5) Automatic Accs from 17.2 (upgraded 17.1 illusion Accs with additional 5% hp) and other useful enchant like 10% range, cast time, hp/sp drain)

6) Or this. I don't mind if we don't ever get it. But it would be reaaaalllyyy nice to have this. Just saying. *Wink wink* The concept of OP is overrated by now looking at the damage creep of other builds.

So I urge you, instead of clinging to bugged feature, look forward to future updates.

I can't stress this enough. This isn't npc, cash items, or custom feature. It's a bug on the game mechanic. Currently some players keep complaining how some crit builds are broken and kill 10 players in 1 skill and whatnot. This actually affects them too as it gives more damage than it should.

Edited by Akin
    Added more links/items
    • Like 2

Share this comment

Just voicing my thoughts tho.....
    If it's true gonna affect lots of classes, just... be careful when fixing this.

Share this comment

-1, mainly because once it is "fixed" more bugs will appear and i'm honestly tired of it. Let's just admit that this is a limitro custom since it's been going on for years.

KEKE

Share this comment

14 hours ago, Miko said:

-1, mainly because once it is "fixed" more bugs will appear and i'm honestly tired of it. Let's just admit that this is a limitro custom since it's been going on for years.

KEKE

Its just reverting the item script. It's not the game script. How can more bugs appear?

So your reasoning is, if anyone find a beneficial bug.. Hope it's ignored for long enough so that it becomes a custom feature? If that is the state the server is now I'm truly disappointed. This is someone that has been here since 2010. I've seen/experienced A LOT.. The good and the bad.

I report bugs because I care, even if it's detrimental to the build/class I play as. Because it's simply not intended to be that way. If this really becomes a feature, I'm just going to ignore all other GOOD bugs from now on. No matter how game breaking it is.

• Like 4

Share this comment

I myself likes to report bugs when i find one, for me it is my way of somehow helping the server since i don't donate real money to support it, some people actually hated me for it but i don't care.

people that don't really care about the game tend to ignore game mechanics as long as they see big numbers and that is sad

• Like 3

Share this comment

After testing this fix, it fked all everyones builds.

Fuck this change ❤️ 

We keep it LimitRO way. thanks.

• Haha 1
    • Sad 1

Share this comment

This is now closed for further comments