Lai

[BG] Battleground Guide

35 posts in this topic

Battlegrounds

AjTI4sL.png

About

Battles of glory. 
Ok, it's not about glory...it's about the rewards.... the BG badges!
Anyhow,  this is a PvP Party based feature that has been among Ragnarok Online world for many years now...
I just wanted to make this article/guide to promote our Battleground system ingame.

How to join BG?
Here is a step by step, of how you can put yourself into the Battleground Queue system, and enter the fight!

Spoiler
  1. Open up your game setting window by typing the [ESC] key on your keyboard.
    • Make sure the Mini Icon is marked with [*]More - to display the "battle" button on step 2.
  2. Press [Alt] + [V] keys on your keyboard to open up your Basic Info menus and then click on the [battle] button.
    • battle1.png
  3. You will should now have the Battle field entrance setting up.
    • battle.png
  4. Click on the Battleground names on the List to browse and check their details.
  5. Once you have decided which to join, simply click on the[Individual] button to join the Queue.
  6. You are now put on the Standby position....waiting for other players to join.
    • Cancel = leave the Queue.
    • close = close the window, still staying in the Queue.
  7. Once the Queue is full, a window will pop up for all players in the Queue, and press OK to confirm.
  8. The battle will then begin!
  9. Good luck!

You can also go to the battleground headquarters anytime you need by typing @go bg

For Rush and Conquest players:  

• No more whispering! Use @joinbg and @leavebg

Battlechat

To talk with your team during the match, use the /battlechat command. All text typed in battlechat will appear purple, and you will only be able to talk to your team when in battlechat. Party, guild, and open chat will not work until battlechat is deactivated.

Tierra Gorge

General Info

• Size: 6 vs 6
  • Req: Level 140 + 
  • Goal: Empty enemy's Food Depot

Rewards

• Wining Team: 20 x 7828.pngBravery Badges
  • Losing Team: 5x 7828.pngBravery Badges
  • Draw Game: 5x 7828.pngBravery Badges each.

Spoiler

Map tactician

Detailed Info for Tierra Gorge

• Two forts are arranged at the north and south end of the map.
  • Each fort has a storehouse that must be defended, and by destroying the opposing team's store you win the match.
  • There is a third base at the center of the map. If your team occupies this point, you will be able to spawn here instead of farther back, along with receiving 3 guardians to fight alongside you.
  • There is a series of back routes that are blocked by barricades. By destroying these barricades your team can gain an advantage.
  • There is a 25 second wait period for players who are killed in battle until they respawn on the map.

Flavius

General Info

• Size: 6 vs 6
  • Goal: Destroy enemy's Crystal

Rewards

• Wining Team: 20 x 7829.pngValor Badges
  • Losing Team: 5x 7829.pngValor Badges
  • Draw Game: 5x 7829.pngValor Badges each.

Spoiler

Detailed Info for Flavius

• Victory is obtained by destroying the opposing team's crystal.
  • The crystal for each team is protected by 2 guardians that must be defeated before the crystal can be attacked.
  • When the crystal is destroyed, your team gains one point. Your team wins if you obtain two points.
  • Skills cannot be used on crystals.

Krieged von Midgard (KvM)

General Info

• Size: 5 vs 5
  • Goal: Kill all enemies.

Rewards

• Wining Team: 20 x 6376.pngKvM Badges
  • Losing Team: 5x 6376.pngKvM Badges
  • Draw Game: 5x 6376.pngKvM Badges each.

Spoiler

Detailed Info for KvM

• In order to win, one team must reduce the other team's points to 0. In other words, it's a death match battle with survivors being the winners.
    • Each team starts with 1 point per player on the team.
    • Each team loses 1 point when a player dies.
  • Players have 5 minutes to decide the outcome of the match. If one team is not completely victorious after 5 minutes, that with most players standing wins.
  • After victory or defeat, players will be warped to a spot to collect their rewards and exit the map. This must be done within 30 seconds or the player will be forcibly ejected from the arena.
  • There are 3 rooms for KvM:
    • KvM A = 5 vs 5
    • KvM B = 5 vs 5
    • KvM C = 5 vs 5

Rush

General Info

• Size: 7 vs 7
  • Goal:
    • 1st Round: Break the Emperium (Both Teams)
    • 2nd Round: Defend the Emperium (Defend Team) / Break the Emperium (Attack Team)

Rewards

• Wining Team: 20 x 6376.pngWar Badges
  • Losing Team: 13x 6376.pngWar Badges (if break the Emperium first round) 10x 6376.pngWar Badges (if didn't break the Emperium first round)
Spoiler

Detailed Info for Rush

• Duration: 7 minutes
  • Rush works similarly to War of Emperium: First Edition
  • Both teams will enter the castle and rush to the Emperium to break it.
  • However, there are some Maroll Kingdom rebels in the Emperium room who will kill anyone standing in their way.
  • Once a team breaks the Emperium, they need to defend the castle until the time is up in order to win.
  • The team (defensive) would get the advantage of precasting and the rebels would also assist in defending the castle.
  • The other team (offensive) must attempt to break the Emperium until they get it for themselves. 

In short...

• If the offensive team breaks the Emperium before the time ends, they win and the defensive team loses.
  • If the defensive team gets to defend the Emperium before the time ends, they win and the offensive team loses.

Conquest

General Info

• Size: 10 vs 10
  • Goal:
    • Attack Team: Break all the Guardian Stones and Barricades in addition to the Emperium.
    • Defend Team: Defend all the Guardian Stones and Barricades in addition to the Emperium.

Rewards

• Attacking Team: 10 + [2 Points for each Guardian Stone & Barricade defended] + 10 [Emperium safe] = Maximum 30 6376.pngBadges
  • Defending Team: 10 + [2 Points for each Guardian Stone & Barricade destroyed] + 10 [Emperium shattered] = Maximum 30 6376.pngBadges
Spoiler

Detailed Info for Conquest

• Duration: 
  1. 1st Stone, 2nd Stone, 1st Cades: 5 Minutes
  2. 2nd Cades: 6 Minutes
  3. 3rd Cades, Emperium: 7 Minutes
  • Conquest's mechanics are identical to War of Emperium: Second Edition
  • One team will be assigned to defend, and one team will be designed to attack.
  • At the start, there will be 2 guardians spawning near each gatehouse who will target the attacking team, but the attackers are not required to kill the guardians. At 3 minutes, a new guardian would be summoned from the gatehouse.
  • The defending team must defend the targetstwo guardian stones, three barricades, and the Emperium. 
  • Losing stones and barricades would cost defenders points and contribute points to the attackers.
  • When both guardian stones are destroyed, 4 Maroll Rebels (AB, Rgr, Sorc, Gene) will appear to assist the attacking team at the 1st Barricade.
  • When the 1st Barricade is destroyed, the same rebels will appear in front of the 2nd Barricade to assist the attacking team.
  • When the 2nd Barricade is destroyed, the same rebels will appear in front of the 3rd Barricade to assist the attacking team.
  • However at the same time 3 guardians (RK, SC, WL) will appear to defend the 3rd Barricade for the defending team.

In short...

• For the defending team: You are given seven x no. of minutes (depending on the target) to defend a target. If you're able to defend a target within the given time, you win. Otherwise, the battle continues for another seven minutes. The number of badges you'll receive depends on how many targets are left.
  • For the attacking team: You are given seven x no. minutes (depending on target) to destroy  target. Every time a target is destroyed, your seven minutes will reset. The number of badges you'll receive depends on how many targets are destroyed.

Purchase Reward with Badges

Battleground Waiting Arena

• Talk to Battlegrounds NPC in Prontera to enter the BG Waiting Arena.
  • Inside Arena, you can see more NPCs with stories regarding Battles. Most important to buy items using your badges.
    • Battleground Store - Sells:
      • Valor / Bravery / KvM Weapons & Equipments.
      • Useable Potions
      • 6417.png Silvervine 10 Box
      • Seagod Anger
      • Pintados Festival Box
      • Shadow Equipments

*08-08-2016*

• No more whispering! Use @joinbg and @leavebg

Edited by Freya
updated rush mechanics
3 people like this

I've been waiting for the KvM queue for a long time! thanks gm lai!

I don't ave that battle option. My client is fully updated. how to fix it?

I don't ave that battle option. My client is fully updated. how to fix it?

​Click an Option button ->> Setting ->> Checklist on mini icon, its work on me :P

Tutor.jpg

3 people like this

​Click an Option button ->> Setting ->> Checklist on mini icon, its work on me :P

Tutor.jpg

THIS ACTUALLY WORKED! THANK YOU!

1 person likes this

Well, I wanna do Flavius and all that, but im pretty sure most idiots just wanna get KvM points and Badges, and not valors and others .-.

@Blitz, when I add some value able rewards to Flavius and Tierra, I'm sure they will <3

• Tierra Gorge 6vs6
    Winner Team: 15 x Bravery Badges
    Losing Team: 5 x Bravery Badges
  • Flavius 6vs6
    Winner Team: 30 x Valor Badges
    Losing Team: 10 x Valor Badges
  • KvM 5vs5
    Winner Team: 20 KvM Badges
    Losing Team: 5 KvM Badges

Battleground Spotlight

Double the badges rewards for Battleground!

• Monday - Flavius
  • Tuesday - Tierra
  • Friday - KvM

We have done some rounds of Flavius just now(Monday), but we only got 20 Valor Badges when won and even 5 Valor when lost. It's not just different with the information of this thread, but there is no double badges too. (We won't get 5 badges in double rate)

& Yet the Flavian battle queue system looks like with bug too. We didn't start the battle after enough people.

Edited by Hobbes

@Hobbes , sorry about that.

I have fixed the reward info, it was incorrect published by me.

The ingame reward amount is correct.

And, the Flavius BG que will be fixed very soon!

Flavius and Tierra BGs are both fixed! 

Updated this topic with more details.

so all battleground maps implemented with a 1 MVP equipped only? like woe?

Updated this topic.

I checked the BG npc, why is seagod box missing? Only silverine is selectable.

Yep.

you can obtain sea God from monster.

oh. But, a few people (I really think nobody) does that instance. :(

Umm. Since Flavius and Tierra is dead. Can we have KVM bonus on Monday Tuesday and Friday?

He meant the Malangdo instance. Flavius and Tierra BG are about the only place to get specific Malangdo Enchant related items e.g. Silvervine Fruit. Removing the double badge days for both would not be so prudent.

What about if we release the other Shadow Gears by using valour/bravery badges instead next time? Glorious equip and the existing S. Gears gave enough motivation for people to do KvM as it is.

@Akin, Removing the double badges days for both? O,o

What are you talking about?

50 minutes ago, Amogh said:

Umm. Since Flavius and Tierra is dead. Can we have KVM bonus on Monday Tuesday and Friday?

@Lai This.

@Akin, oh I didn't take his as official announcement :P I thought you meant something that I said.

@Amogh, Flavius and Tierra are dead, that is why I need to revive them.

Those 2 instances are much HARDer and more time consuming than KvM, which we all can agree on.

@Lai You need to change the rewards or else they will stay dead. Tierra is more fun then KVM for me atleast

Off topic

Can we have quadruple bonus one day a month? Or a bonus week like we had before. A lot of people are coming in and the ones who want that might not have the gears or skills to do it effectively. 

I have seen JF+no CL WL and Steel Body Sura in KVM so i guess we can help them and the unfortunate ones on their teams with this bonus

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor